SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Sage User

Problems with Dish Network, USB-UIRT, Dish 311 receivers

I have dish network with two DISH 311 receivers. I followed the guide to set up multiple zones on my USB-UIRT. The box next to the main USB-UIRT changes channels fine. The one next to the secondary IR emiitter out of the USB-UIRT will not change channels at all. The emitter light flashes but nothing happens. The LED Blaster aslo seems to flash at the same time. Also it seems that Sage only supports 3 character places for channels. Some of the dish network channels are in 6000's and 9000's. Also, Do I have to go through every single channel during source setup to exclude the ones I'm not subscribed to? Using Sage with cable tv seems like childs play compared to this. Does anyone have this setup working already? I'm also not sure which channel lineup to pick from I have the option for Dish Newtork - USA and DISH - Philadelphia. I'm 30 mins from Philadelphia so which one do I choose? Attached are the usb-uirt profiles I'm using.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dish311.zip (605 Bytes, 374 views)
Old 05-21-2006, 09:31 AM

Check your remote address besure it on 1 on both Dish 311 box
Old 05-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Sage User

How do I check the remote address? OK I figured it out. Pressed the SYS INFO button on the remote. Remote address is number 1. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by e4gulf; 05-21-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Sage User

Can anyone help with this problem? I'm about to order another IR blaster like the Actisys and just give up on this USB-UIRT with zones.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:34 AM

have try swaping the IR eye maybe the one them is bad that or your USB-UIRT dosen't have zone support look on the buttom of it should have the letter Z
Old 05-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Sage User

I'll check the bottom. If it didn't why whould it have a jack on it for another IR emitter?
Old 05-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Sage User

It does have a letter z so i guess that means it is zone capable. When I tried to program it with my DISH 311 remote nothing happend when it asked me to hold down the 0 button. I kept holding it down but nothing happened. The only way I got it to work was to download an ir profile from the forum. Is my USB-UIRT defective?
Old 05-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Sage User

I fixed the problem by first disabling the sage service which allowed me to finally program the second zone on my usbuirt and second I had to build my own IR emitter with parts from radio shack. The last thing I have to conquer now is figure out how to wake my dish 311 STB's up after they go to sleep in the early AM. Any suggestions?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:53 AM

You talk about the Auto Standby Timer I think this how it done
Go to your menu
then 6 (system setup)
then 1 (installation)
then 6 (updates)
disable the Activation