SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Channel list update request?

How do I get an update to my HD channel list to include channels from a different service area? I have the ability to receive channels in Washington D.C and a few from Baltimore. The Baltimore channels were picked up during a scan, the call sign is there, but data is not coming through from EPG updates. Can the Hagerstown channel list be updated to incorporate both?

TIA

B
Old 05-23-2006, 06:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have the same problem. I have never been able to get it to work.

One problem is with WMPTDTx. At night they broadcast 22.1 and 22.2. During the day they broadcast channels 22.1, 22.3, 22.4 and 22.5. Sage had trouble with the missing channels. This works much better in the current version.

One key is to go to Zap2IT and get the 5 digit number for the missing channels. For example WNVCDT1 (this format is important in Sage and must be used) is 35851. At the Zap2IT site the number is displayed in the channel link at the bottom of Internet Explorer. Just hover the mouse over the channel number.

Some channels do not have a Zap2IT number like 14.1 (actual 15). You can not use the analog ID for the digital, even though they carry the same programing.

Also you have to have the analog channel somewhere in your channel list. For example if you want 45.1 you need analog 45 in your program guide. I don't know how this works when there is no analog channel that goes with the digital, like channel 57.

You then manually enter the channel. You will be asked for the ID number in the third dialog box. If you don't get the third dialog box you have to delete the channel and wait a day or two until Sage refreshes the program guide. You delete a channel by setting the channel back to default. You then scan the channels to link the two. I could not get this to work in the current version. But I did get it to work in previous versions.

Some channels that I manually entered in a previous version work even after after upgrading to the current version.
The program guide never did work for some channels.
Some channels just tune the wrong channels from the guide.

Last edited by rfutscher; 05-23-2006 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the info, it sounds like too much work. How do we get the master epg guide for the D.C. market updated to include the Baltimore channels?

B