SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Sage User

a way to mass/batch get imdb info for movies?

Hi all

I love sagetv and now i am getting everything working as wanted (it took a while ). one thing i missing in sage is the ability like meedio and other pvr to use xmm (extreme movie manager)data or other programs to get covers/movie info. DVD profiler is not an option for me since i have a lot of tv shows and non dvd stuff that dvd profiler dosent handle to well. I dont mind at all using the imdb search from sageMC yet i have more then 1000 movies and i dont feel like manually doing it one by one. is there a way to do a mass imdb search on a bunch of movies or if not then is there a way to just add covers to movies manually so they show up in the library view? id hate to think i have to manually use the imdb search for all my movies.

thx alot

Zeltak
Old 05-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Sage Icon

I myself wouldn't mind doing it one by one. I use Gregerm's STV and would love it if someone would create an stvi to import from IMDB. I know SageMC has the capability so it probably wouldn't be too hard to export it into an STVI? Or maybe it would....
Old 05-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Sage User

another idea?

I use SageMC and like the IMDB import features, but I don't want to use DVD Profiler. The main problem I have is that if I have to change my video import directory, or clean install, I lose the data for each DVD and have to IMDB for each movie one at a time.

I think I would prefer if there was an automatic export of this data, maybe into an xml file, right into the folder where the movie resides and Sage would just read the xml and parse the data for the movie. Just like how it handels cover art. Kind of in a "real-time" way.

This would allow manual modification of the xml in case there is wrong or missing data from the IMDB download or just any extra data wanting to be added.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:56 AM
Sage User

Hi, thx for all the answers!

i was wondering since as i understand that as of now the only way to do it is one by one manually, is there a way to manually add covers to a specific movie? for an example some movies dont have covers in imdb, how do you add covers to them manually? is there a place that covers are stored in?

thx alot

Zeltak
Old 05-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Zeltak,

By covers, you mean pics? If so, just find any pic you want to represent that movie in video import that is) and save that pic with the same name as the movie, in the same folder, sort of like "star wars.jpg" and Sage will pull up for the movie. If you are using the germsage stv, you create a ".my" file with the same name as the movie as well and that info will also show.
for me that means in my import folder I have:

Star Wars.divx
Star Wars.jpg
Star Wars.my

At least that works for me...

For tv shows, you know about:

http://epguides.com/

Good source for info and pics.

I would love if Sage would natively pull info from .my files or .xml's for the import library... anyone know if they are working on that?

Hmmm to save time, anyone want to start an ftp download site repository of .my files so we do not have to do it all manually from scratch? I have a ton I would share if there was a place to share them...just a thought

Last edited by Homebuilder; 05-23-2006 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:51 AM
Sage User

Great thx alot for the info Homebuilder!

a few small questions though

1) i have some movies id divx the i have in folders (because of double discs and subtitiles) in the main movie folder. that is all my movies are in Z:/movies, most of the are in the root Z:/movies folder yet as i said some are structured like this Z:/movies/Star wars. Is there a way to have sageTv show an picture for star wars on the folder (like in the picture module)?

2)is there a way to manually enter text data for the movie? i have alot of offline movies (which i can import txt or small mpeg files to represent them). i would like to add data (like imdb scan adds) to tell the location of the physical file, do you think thats possible?

thx alot again to everyone for the help, im really glad i swithced to sage, the forums here rock!

Zeltak
Old 05-23-2006, 07:52 AM
Sage User

Just a quick note, I have a fair share of movie files too.. I keep them in seperate folders and within each folder just rename the dvd thumbnail to folder.jpg (mainly because I'm lazy), Sage picks up that graphic and displays it as thumbnail just fine. .. this only works if there is one file in the folder tho, multiple files results in the same situation as 1).
Old 05-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ant Movie Catalog. It's open source and you can put in all your movie titles and then have it pull all the information from IMBD. Works pretty good and can you tweak a lot of the settings.

http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog/

The only downside is that I don't know of a way to get the info back into Sage. There is a plugin for meedio and there is a way to export .xml, so maybe all we need is for someone to write a plugin for Sage.

Flips
Old 05-25-2006, 12:28 AM
Sage User

Hi

I love ant movie guide (there is also a linux version btw). I would love if someone could make a plugin/importer for this (i dont know any programing at all).

Best wishes

Zeltak