SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Sage Expert

SageMC wishes

I am using the latest SageMC dev build with the add-on and back fixes. I absolutely love it. It's the best Sage yet.

WISHLIST
1) Space Indicator, Conflicts Indicator/Management
I would like to add both a graphical space indicator, a 48hr conflict indicator, and conflict management option to the "TV Recordings" screen and the "My TV" screen. I love the way conflict management works in SageMC but I would like to know farther than 4 hours ahead.

2) Search should be changed to "add recording"
I would like to be able to see shows appear on the right no matter where you choose to search. Currently the "search" button maps to the "search" command but the "add recording" command is clearly a more interactive approach to search IMHO. It does the same thing as far as I can tell but with "add recording" you see the shows start to appear on the right as you type them. As for mapping a remote button to an "add recording" command as opposed to "search"; this does not appear to exist in SageTV at all (certainly not the fault of SageMC).
Old 05-24-2006, 06:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

In regards to conflict management, do you know you can see the conflicts if you go to 'Schedule' and then change the filter option in the top left to 'Conflicts' (I'm not in front of my TV right now so just going from memory, but I know you can do it...) I forget how far ahead that view displays, but its more than 4 hours...
Old 05-24-2006, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex
In regards to conflict management, do you know you can see the conflicts if you go to 'Schedule' and then change the filter option in the top left to 'Conflicts' (I'm not in front of my TV right now so just going from memory, but I know you can do it...) I forget how far ahead that view displays, but its more than 4 hours...
I added the Unresolved Conflict icon to the main screens in the new STV version (6_0), you can enable it by setting the property "plugins/df/sagemc/show_conflict_icon" to true ...

Dirk
Old 05-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I added the Unresolved Conflict icon to the main screens in the new STV version (6_0), you can enable it by setting the property "plugins/df/sagemc/show_conflict_icon" to true ...

Dirk
Hm.... I have 6_0 and do not see that statement in Sage.Properties ?? I see an icons for it up to four hours only on the "my tv" screen bottom half.

Last edited by snoopy; 05-24-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Sage Expert

Conflict List (not complete)

The listed conflicts do not show me the complete text. It drops off at the end of each line.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

One wish I have is for the volume level indicator to show up on any page you are on when you change the volume setting. Now it is only on a subset of screens.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

While we're on wishes, I have a simple one. Episodes that have been watched currently show up italicized. I'd like the corresponding show to be italicized if all the episodes of that show have been watched (a-la the original STV).

Andy.

EDIT: Oops! - just read the spec for SageMC Addon and found "when the recordings are grouped by title, a group entry will show the 'Watched' icon if all shows in the group have been watched" which is essentially the same thing. Please ignore....

Last edited by AndyS; 05-24-2006 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Sage Expert

Show what button I just pressed.

Since each SageTV setup and particularly the remote control, can vary widely. I suggest the following.

I have always had trouble remembering I had a button on my remote for a particular function, and have many buttons that hardly get used at all as a result of having a possible name having nothing to do with the function. I would like to know what they are so that I can make greater use of them and so that it solidifies my knowledge of how they are each mapped.

Since each button mapped corresponds to a particular named function, I would like to have the option of displaying a global message of what each function is when I press the corresponding remote button. To take it a step further, it would not hurt (since I remote in to SageTVServer quite frequently) to show the keyboard shortcut listed as well right beside it.

For instance:
I press my green "thumbs up" key.
I see on-screen a brief msg called "SageTV Recordings" + the kbd shortcut it references.

This would go a long way toward helping me make the most out of my buttons and remember how things are set up as time goes on.
The message could be visually transparent if need be and dissapear after a second. One could have the option to turn on/off for those that don't like it. Another benefit of this is that sometimes I don't know why pressing a particular remote button didn't do as intended. This is particularly helpfull for me as my USB-UIRT light is not visible in my environment. With a message, I at least know whether SageTV did or did not recognize a button press.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Sage Expert

Screens should "remember" left hand criteria

For instance,
TV Schedule (all) is the default.
I use this mostly for managing conflicts and it is mapped to a red record button on my remote control. I would like it to remember the (all) is changed to (conflicts) the next time I am there.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
For instance,
TV Schedule (all) is the default.
I use this mostly for managing conflicts and it is mapped to a red record button on my remote control. I would like it to remember the (all) is changed to (conflicts) the next time I am there.
snoopy, this has been added in v6.2
Old 05-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
snoopy, this has been added in v6.2
Great! I just loaded it up and it doesn't appear to be working that way. Schedule still seems to default to Schedule (all). Maybe SageTV needs to be started and stopped more than once? The only reason I say that is because I have seen that behavior before. ?? I'm not sure why time would make a difference in how SageTV behaves but it does seem to on occasion.

Current configuration:
Completely clean install of SageTV 5.03
Use SageMC_latest and Flachbar add-on 6.2 STV

old existing wiz.bin
brand new sage.properties with old remote commands put back in.

Last edited by snoopy; 05-27-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Great! I just loaded it up and it doesn't appear to be working that way. Schedule still seems to default to Schedule (all). Maybe SageTV needs to be started and stopped more than once? The only reason I say that is because I have seen that behavior before. ?? I'm not sure why time would make a difference in how SageTV behaves but it does seem to on occasion.

Current configuration:
Completely clean install of SageTV 5.03
Use SageMC_latest and Flachbar add-on 6.2 STV

old existing wiz.bin
brand new sage.properties with old remote commands put back in.
After you selected 'Conflicts', did you bring up the options menu (ESC on the keyboard) and set the default view ? Only this will make the setting permanent ...
Old 05-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
After you selected 'Conflicts', did you bring up the options menu (ESC on the keyboard) and set the default view ? Only this will make the setting permanent ...
got it! sure did.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Sage Expert

post 1 second wishlist item regarding "search"

I would like to map a button to "add recording" as opposed to "search" because of the way it displays the results of what you type in real-time. How might I accomplish this?