SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 05-27-2006, 08:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoehlke
One thing I have noticed, is that since installing sagemc, there is no longer an stvi import option anywhere.... is this normal? there are 2 options in advanced that say import stv. I could have sworn before the sagemc install, that thre was an stvi option there.
the 2 options are currently:

sagetv application package .stv file
and
import sage tv application package .stv file

seems like an almost redundant setting.

PS- I am running sage 5.03 beta.
This is normal, but it is indeed quite confusing ...

The first option allows you to load a whole new STV (which defines the GUI). The STV usually has the extension .xml (like SagetV3.xml or SageMC_169.xml), but in the past they used to have the extension .stv

The second option allows you to import small additions (plugins) into your current STV, and these usually have the extension .stvi. Now, the designer of SageMC decided that since most of the plugins won't work in SageMC anyway (because it's so different) to only allow import of *.stv or *.xml files with the second option, simply to prevent people from messing up

Quote:
in the windwows explorer. I can see the xml file, but frmo sage, I cant, it only shows stv files.
Yeah, this is another confusing thing: if you have loaded a STV with the extension .stv, Sage (standard as well as SageMC) will only allow selection of other STVs with the same extension, but not any (newer) .xml STVs

So I think what happened is that you have loaded the old SageMC_169.stv, and now it only allows you to load other .stv STVs ... This is easy to fix: exit Sage, open your Sage.properties (or SageClient.properties) file, and modify the line

STV=E\:\\Video\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMC_169.stv

to

STV=E\:\\Video\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMC_169.xml

After you restart Sage, it now will let you select .xml STVs (including the standard SageTV3.xml). Note that with the latest SageMC build (6_2), you do not need to import the obsolete SageMC addon, everything is now included in the base STV.

Dirk
Old 05-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

well, the isntructions said to first load the sagemc, and then the 6_2 addon of yours.

So i dont really know where i could have gotten the "newer" sagemc, if like you said, I have loaded the "older" one.

there was only one for download.
XP Pro SP2, P4 2.6 ghz, 1GB RAM, 2 X 80GB seagate serial ATA barracuda HDDs,2 X 160 GB samsung silent parallel ATA HDDs, antec sonata v1.1, msi gforce 6600gt vivo, hpage pvr150, sagetv v5, harmony remote, hauppauge media mvp, USB UIRT, Bell Expressvu
Old 05-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok, given the fact that I have now just loaded the xml file, vie the sagetv.properties edit you suggested, am I now running your addon or are there more steps?

what did the add on give me? I'm sure there is something, but it isnt obvious right now.
XP Pro SP2, P4 2.6 ghz, 1GB RAM, 2 X 80GB seagate serial ATA barracuda HDDs,2 X 160 GB samsung silent parallel ATA HDDs, antec sonata v1.1, msi gforce 6600gt vivo, hpage pvr150, sagetv v5, harmony remote, hauppauge media mvp, USB UIRT, Bell Expressvu
Old 05-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

evilpenguin, or others... I've installed dirmon, configured it, instlaled the burning plug in etc... but when i click send to dvd... nothign happens...
anyone know? I have edited the perl2dvdprefs and installewd imageburn... I cant figure it out.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
ok, given the fact that I have now just loaded the xml file, vie the sagetv.properties edit you suggested, am I now running your addon or are there more steps?
Check the Info in the Settings menu on the right side, it should list "SageMC STV
version: 6.2" as the second item

Quote:
what did the add on give me? I'm sure there is something, but it isnt obvious right now.
All additional features since 5_10 are listed on the Download page (here). They should be obvious ...
Old 05-27-2006, 08:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
evilpenguin, or others... I've installed dirmon, configured it, instlaled the burning plug in etc... but when i click send to dvd... nothign happens...
anyone know? I have edited the perl2dvdprefs and installewd imageburn... I cant figure it out.
I would post any problems in the support thread for this plugin ...
Old 05-27-2006, 08:53 PM
SageTVaholic

I just sent you a PM with some stuff you can do to debug the dvd burning.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)