SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:01 PM

Watch different live TV thru serveral extenders?

Hello. I'm pretty new to SageTV and I'm wondering if I setup a SageTV server with multiple tuner cards and have multiple extenders, can each one view a different, live TV channel?

Also, can each tuner in the server handle a different source? For example, OTA, satellite, cable, etc. Does the guide handle this properly? What happens if one extender is watching satellite and someone at another extender tries to tune in a different satellite channel?

Thanks in advance. Depending on how this works, I may make the jump from Media Center!
Old 05-26-2006, 12:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanG
Hello. I'm pretty new to SageTV and I'm wondering if I setup a SageTV server with multiple tuner cards and have multiple extenders, can each one view a different, live TV channel?
Yup, you just need a tuner for each live TV channel you want to view.

Quote:
Also, can each tuner in the server handle a different source? For example, OTA, satellite, cable, etc. Does the guide handle this properly?
Yup, everything will be agrigated into a contiguous guide, and Sage will use whichever tuner(s) that channel applies to.

Quote:
What happens if one extender is watching satellite and someone at another extender tries to tune in a different satellite channel?
The second user will receive a message to the effect of: There are no tuners available to tune that channel. That's assuming you've only got 1 tuner connected to satellite, and that that channel isn't available on another source.