SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Sage User

Sage Server and Client

Okay guys, I've got another question. I have a small sage setup, 1 server connected to our sdtv through s-video out on the video card. So basically the server runs as a client and a server.

However, I would like to know if I can keep the system the way it is as far as connecting directly to the tv, but also add an MVP in the other room.

Would I need to buy 2 mvp's (one for the tv it is currently hooked up to, and one for the tv we wish to add) or can I just buy one for the new tv we wish to add and keep the rest of the setup the same?

I'm sorry if its kinda hard to understand what I am asking... basically I am unsure if the OSD will be able to run on the first tv while still allowing the MVP on the second to communicate with the server.

If you need me to explain the situation a little more just let me know.

As always the replies are greatly appreciated.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Administrator

If you are just adding 1 more TV, then a single MVP will do it for you. The server runs MVPs separately from the UI that you see on the server PC, so there is no sort of conflict in that regard. The server's TV & the MVP's TV can watch separate shows, use separate menus, etc.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:36 AM
SageTVaholic

My parents are doing the same thing (kind of). They originaly just had a single Sage setup that was the client/server and now they have their main box still hooked to their tv directly, but have 2 other MVP's in their house. Works just fine.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 05-31-2006, 06:27 PM
Sage User

Awesome, thanks for the replies