SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-31-2006, 12:24 AM
Sage User

SageTV added 250+ "sitcoms" to my schedule?!?

So I recorded a couple episodes of a sitcom type show and now SageTV thinks that I want to record EVERY sitcom show and I don't want to record any of them! I checked the recording schedule as I usually do before I go to sleep (good thing I did) and it had a sitcom show listed for practically every hour for a few days. How can I tell it to not check for "Sitcom" shows? I assume this has to do with the intelligent recording feature? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:33 AM
Administrator

That would be IR trying to find something you like... and since you probably don't have a lot of viewing history, it doesn't have a lot to go on. I would just mark the shows you don't want recorded as "Don't Like", then check the schedule again later.

When IR is enabled, there is an option in Detailed Setup -> Customize to use aggressive negative profiling, which essentially tells SageTV to treat shows marked as "Don't Like" as more heavily disliked.

If a series keeps showing up, you can view Historical Airings for the show, highlight the Future Airings entry in the list, then use the "Don't Like" command to mark all those future airings at once.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:55 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the quick reply. I seem to have gotten it somewhat under control, after marking them as "Don't Like", then waiting for the list to update, then doing it again. I will try the aggressive negative profiling option if they keep popping up (I was wondering what that option was for). Would you happen to know how many days in advance the IR looks for programs to record? I think it was about 3-4 days worth of non stop recordings that were in the list initially.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Try also my Intelligent Suggestions plugin for 'taming' IR -- it shows IR sheduled recordings only grouped by category/title, and allows quick and easy 'Set All Don't Like' on a group