SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Please Help with Cox Digital Cable (Explorer 3250) Issue

I have Cox Cable in Phoenix AZ with an Explorer 3250. I use a PVR-250MCE feed by S-Video from the box. Channels to 99 are analog and channels 100 and above are digital.

When I plug the box directly into an LCD monitor via S-Video or a CRT TV, the aspect ratio and positioning is correct. When I plug the box into the PVR and playback via sagetv (all my decoders cyberlink, ati, sage) display the digital shows shifted to the left by about an inch on a 31" crt tv.

I'm sure it is recorded that way because VideoRedo shows the same shift (or aspect ration issue). Is there any way to tweak the hauppauge registry entries to fix this?

thanks in advance for any help offered.
pez
Old 06-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm seeing a similar, but smaller, shift on my 57" HDTV. I believe that the problem lies in the overscan area of the signal. This is normally hidden on a regular TV (but can show up after calibration if you minimize the overscan settings). Unfortunately, it is glaringly obvious on video capture cards because they show the whole signal, including the areas not seen on a normal TV. I'm not aware of any way to fix the problem.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well that's not the answer i'd hoped for, but it is the answer i'd expected.

thanks,