SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

DualTV Color Calibration settings?

I'm finding the color calibration of my nVidia DualTV hard to set properly - the default values have the picture very dark (brightness 140). I've upped the brightness to 200 but it still doesn't seem right.

What are you other DualTV users using for color calibration settings?

Andy.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Sage Icon

I have no idea how to calibrate this for the only thing I would like to calibrate is the volume. But, to start, if I were you I would double check the settings on the playback as opposed to the recording. So, go into your Display Adapter advanced settings and adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, etc. for the playback since the problem may not be with the recording but rather with the playback on the pc.

Mike
Old 06-01-2006, 01:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Ideally you want to calibrate your capture card and your display so that everything is correct. If you try to adjust your display to compensate for the capture card you'll have problems when playing back media from other sources.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the responses. My system also have 2 PVR250s which are calibrated nicely. The display is also set up properly (and I use an MVP for the display, so there's no graphics card settings to work with).

What I am talking about is the color settings in the tuner configuration screen of sage.

Andy.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

nVidia DualTV and it's drivers are too new to allow much to be changed on the tuner. Those settings are accessible with the DualTV on MCE but not in other 3rd party applications.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Sage Icon

Blade - right, I agree, but first I was thinking he should make sure his playback color settings are correct because as per gplasky's reply and the fact no one seems to have any idea how to adjust the settings of this card, I was thinking that it is probably something in his playback. The only setting I would like to adjust is the volume. But, I can't figure out how to do that on either the NVidia or the Hauppauge. My Nvidia volume is too low and the Hauppauge is too high relative to the rest of the computer.

Thanks,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
Ideally you want to calibrate your capture card and your display so that everything is correct. If you try to adjust your display to compensate for the capture card you'll have problems when playing back media from other sources.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Sage Icon

I fixed the volume the easy way...maxed S/PDIF and Master, lowered Wave I use Z-680s and AC3 is balanced with MPEG Stereo. Someone on here mentioned doing that, and I was like..."how did I not think of that"!?

Sorry, a little OT. When the DualTV is adjustable in Sage, I'll get two...I think. The screens in the HTPC News review weren't night and day to my old eyes, but you probably have to see it in person.

P
Old 06-02-2006, 04:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro
Sorry, a little OT. When the DualTV is adjustable in Sage, I'll get two...I think. The screens in the HTPC News review weren't night and day to my old eyes, but you probably have to see it in person.

P
I think you can only run one DualTV card per computer. Of course if you plan to set one up as a network encoder that would work. Hopefully Nvidia will get their act together and get better support for the card soon.