SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Sage User

added a Plextor PX-M402U, cant get it to work ??

hi guys

i have been using sageTV for a month now with my wintv-pvr150 and i love it. i liked it so much i decided to add another capture device. i got a really good deal on a used Plextor PX-M402U so i decided to go with that. now i am trying to set it up and it just wont work. i am using a camcorder with a svideo and composite out to try to set it up (until i get another cable box. i have installed the latest drivers for the plextor and sageTV does recognize it as a capture device in the add capture device menu, yet when it gets to preview i get nothing on both s video and composite. also for some reason plextors own gocap software dosent to work (it dosent come up and gives me an error message). the only thing that seems to capture anything (without sound that is) is virtual dub, which seems to work with the Plextor.
Is there anything else i need to install with the Plextor PX-M402U other then the drivers for sagetv to work with it? what am i missing here? would love any help i can get

thx alot in advance

Zeltak
Old 06-17-2006, 05:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to MrApollinax Send a message via AIM to MrApollinax
If you check my sig you'll see that I have the same capture cards you do and I'm not having any problems using my plextor. Unistall the drivers for the plextor and disconnect it from your computer. Reboot and re-connect the device and go through the install steps again. The fact that the plextor software isn't working points to a problem with the install.
Router: Dlink DGL-4300

Using Wireshark to Troubleshoot Network Issues with your SageTV Setup