SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:55 AM
Sage User

Compatibility questions

Hello all!

I am in the "what to buy" decision making process and I have a few questions.

I am located in Romania - Europe (PAL). The SageTV staff told me they don't deliver in my country so I have to order from Hauppage webstore.

1) My first question is what are the differences between SageTV Wireless Media Extender ( http://store.sagetv.com/Merchant2/me..._Code=STVCWMVP ) and Hauppage wMVP ( http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/produ...diamvp-w.html# )

Are they exactelly the same thing?

2) Does the WinTV-PVR-500 MCE requiere to have the MCE installed on the computer? Can I just have XP Pro and Sage TV ?

3) If I'll have 2 WinTV-PVR-500 MCE (on the same computer) I'll have 4 tuners.
Does this mean I'll be able to select a specific tuner to watch/record/schedule from the MVP?

It is the following scenario a valid one? Me on a TV, my wife on other TV and a guest on a thirt TV (each with its own MVP) in the same time will be able to work on sepparate tuners?

If yes, will I need a racket configuration on my PC, or a regular configuration (2,4 Ghz, 1 G Ram) it will be enough for that?

Sorry for the too many questions but it is important for me to know as I'll have to spend some money on it.

Thank you very much for your kindness.

Best regards,
Clement
Old 06-20-2006, 06:09 AM
SageTVaholic

1) My first question is what are the differences between SageTV Wireless Media Extender ( http://store.sagetv.com/Merchant2/me..._Code=STVCWMVP ) and Hauppage wMVP ( http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/produ...diamvp-w.html# )

Are they exactelly the same thing?

Yes!

2) Does the WinTV-PVR-500 MCE requiere to have the MCE installed on the computer? Can I just have XP Pro and Sage TV ?

Yes, XP Pro is fine

Does this mean I'll be able to select a specific tuner to watch/record/schedule from the MVP?

Yes

It is the following scenario a valid one? Me on a TV, my wife on other TV and a guest on a thirt TV (each with its own MVP) in the same time will be able to work on sepparate tuners?

Yes

If yes, will I need a racket configuration on my PC, or a regular configuration (2,4 Ghz, 1 G Ram) it will be enough for that?

Yes
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 06-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement
You don't actually select which tuner to use; SageTV does that automatically. Scheduled recordings are assigned to any available tuner which can record that channel. Similarly, live TV is recorded from any available tuner. So, if all 3 clients were watching live TV, then that would work fine as long as there are enough available tuners. If there are no available tuners due to scheduled recordings, then it will ask to cancel one of the recordings or cancel live TV.

Watching existing recordings has nothing to do with available tuners, of course.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Sage User

Great,

Thank you very much for the good news!

I just can't wait to have the entire system live and runing.

Best regards,
Clement