SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

"standard dvd player" playback behavior in SageTV?

I'm not sure if this would be easy to implement this in the core or not, or if it would be better for an stvi...

Remember those standard dvd players of yester-year? Ever since SageTV came into my life, my dvd player has gotten lots of rest on a shelf in the garage. Well the thing I miss most about it is when you would have to hit stop twice for it to flush it's memory of where you stopped watching the dvd.

Does anybody understand my explanation?

Another way to explain is that while watching a dvd on the standard dvd player if you hit "stop" on the remote once, a screen would pop up saying something like "the dvd will resume playing from the place you where you stopped watching, to cancel this please hit stop again"

And another feature would be a "zoom" feature like on the xbox when watching a dvd, that would be pretty cool!
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 06-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think I understand and I think Sage already does this if you go into the contect menu is there not a "restart"? I know SageMC pops up a window on a stop press and give the option to restart the dvd.

Sage also has the zoom feature, but they call it "Aspect Ratio" You can adjust the various aspect ratios to get different levels of video zoom on your screen.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Restart starts at the beginning of a DVD. That's one thing the Sage DVD player is missing is a bookmark system so that when you stop a DVD you can play it again and it will either play where you left off or ask you if you want to. TV recordings play where you left off. The DVD player needs this feature.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.