SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok guys,

I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that I've incorporated pretty much all of the great suggestions that everyone has given. I have no idea what I am doing, so the input on these has been invaluable to making them much better than I could have ever done on my own. At this point, I'm back to having all but the Encoder Icons made.

The bad news is they look horrible in SageMC. They're fine in the guide, but in the menus the edges (especially the lower right) don't blend properly and they just look awful. Sorry I don't have a screen shot of this. I didn't get to check it until nearly midnight last night and I had to get some sleep for work. The icons seemed to work better before with darker edges, so I'm hoping that if I add a very slight shadow or dark outer 'glow' this might fix the issue.

Kricker, do you have any suggestions on how to address this?

As soon as I get this worked out and add the encoder icons, I'll release them. Hopefully that will be in the next couple of days. Thanks for your patience. The picture below shows what I have so far.

Aloha,
Mike

Old 06-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

Mike,
I don't know if you are doing this but the proper way to output them from Photoshop would be to make sure the icons are on a transparent background then do File - Save for Web... and choose PNG-24 in the preset menu and make sure Transparency is checked.

EDIT: There is also an issue with how Sage antialiases images that could be causing your problem.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks ToxMox.

That is exactly how I am saving them. Interesting point about the anitaliasing. Is there somewhere I can get some more info on this?

Mike
Old 06-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Sage Icon

Mike,
No place to really get info about it. It is currently in the early stages of being looked into by Narflex. Issue being that bitmap images don't anti-alias as well as they could when they are scaled.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
If you can send them to me Mike, I can take a look at them and make sure the transparency is working properly.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks kricker,

If you PM me with your e-mail address, I'll send them tonight. Do you want the .psd files, the .png images, or both? I'm 5 or 6 hours behind you, so you probably won't see them until tomorrow. I'll mess with them tonight and see if I can get anywhere with them as well.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 06-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Sage Icon

New thread started.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18778