SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Failed to locate GUI Server

Down loaded the latest version on SageTV last night, I always like the interface...however.

Been running 2 MVP's with GBPVR for 6 months - no problems. Run MVP's with Hauppauge package - no problem.

There are are GBPVR nor Hauppauge services running.

For some strange reason the Hauppauge boot up MVP screen just blinks
"Failed to Locate GUI Server".

Any ideas???

Thanks
Old 06-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Since you said no other MVP software is running, did you make sure the extender server is enabled in Detailed Setup -> Advanced? If you turned that on recently, make sure you also toggled the SageTV Server option right above it or restarted SageTV. Also be sure to allow SageTV on the server PC access through any firewall on the server PC.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes......

Both SageTV and Media Extender have been enables/disabled quit a few times.
Running XP/SP1 no firewalls enable.

One thing is I did try SageTV a while back, not sure which version. Deleted it and removed all traces from the system.

Regards
Old 06-24-2006, 07:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

"Clients" folder

Should there a "Clients" folder in the SageTV directory??

There was not in my trial download!!

Everything else in SageTV works very well - except for the MVP client side.

Any thoghts??

Thanks
Old 06-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Administrator

No, there won't be a 'clients' subdirectory until after a remote client connects.

Your network has a DHCP server enbaled? If you'll provide some details about your network setup, perhaps someone will notice something about it. Also, try contacting support... though you probably won't get a reply until after the weekend is over.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Its been a while since I dont use my wMVP, till today, I've been upgarding SageTV (right now im on 6.1.6RC) and I cant seem to get my wMVP to boot.
Ive tried via wireless with less than 1 meters away from AP, and with Ethernet cable. I get stuck on the same screent " contacting Servers..... Failed to locate GUI Server".

However, I tried installing the Hauppauge software on my non SageTV computer, and I can make the unit work with it (but who wants the hauppauge media center software when we got/want sage)

When I check to verify network connection, I do get an IP from the DHCP server, and if I go to the server listings, I do see my SageTV and the other PC with the Hauppage Sofware. If i set it to the hauppauge server it boots ok, but when I set it to the sagetv, it gets stuck on that screen.

Any idea what could I have wrong? I have rev 2.05 / H2 (i got it replaced onces from hauppauge since i had one of the first wMVP units out there)

Thanks!
Jaborni

Old 03-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Sage User

I have a feeling this issue may be the same as the one I have. I'll move my post here if we find a solution...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24473