SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-24-2006, 06:31 AM
Sage User

Remote Control Very Sensitive

I am using a IR-UART blaster and a MX-500 remote control. The remote works fine except when I send a command they seem to repeat alot or maybe another way is that they are very sensitive. For example when scrolling it is very hard to move just one place the commands always want to move multiple spaces. Doesn't seem to be confined to one command and I have no othe problems with running other equipment with this remote. Maybe there is a setting some where? Thanks

Glenn Thibeault
Old 06-24-2006, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't know anything about your IR or remote, but you might want to look in your Sage properties file and try increasing:

infrared_receive_repeat_delay=250
infrared_receive_repeat_period=150

I had to increase both of them to get my USB-UIRT to work properly.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennPT
I am using a IR-UART blaster and a MX-500 remote control. The remote works fine except when I send a command they seem to repeat alot or maybe another way is that they are very sensitive. For example when scrolling it is very hard to move just one place the commands always want to move multiple spaces. Doesn't seem to be confined to one command and I have no othe problems with running other equipment with this remote. Maybe there is a setting some where? Thanks

Glenn Thibeault
Hi Glenn,

I am also using a MX-500 with USB-UIRT, and had the same problems as you. It seems that some of the predefined mappings on the MX-500 (including the cursor keys) do send out repeating IR signals, whereas others do not. What I did was to learn new commands to the cursor keys from another remote I had lying around (you might have to try a little to find ones which dont repeat...). Of course, this way you lose the ability to scroll continuosly, but I prefer having to press each time to move the cursor rather than dealing with the erratic cursor movement.

Dirk
Old 06-30-2006, 05:15 AM
Sage User

I am so with you

Dirk,
After playing around with the remote I have come to the same conclusion (I had thought about it a long time ago but was to lazy to try). I wanted to chance the remote address on my Dish reciever anyway so this is a good excuse. Thanks for the help
Old 06-30-2006, 05:17 AM
Sage User

A little late Thanks to Blade

Blade thanks for the help. Sorry I didn't get to it sooner. Those properties did help but the real problem turns out to be the remote. Thanks agian
Old 11-09-2009, 02:52 AM
Sage User

Unhappy

/bump

I seem to be having a similar problem and it's only started up recently. My remote key strokes seem to repeating. If it goes into a spasm, even if I take out the batteries from the remote, it continues regardless.

I have a Fusion Remote with IR receiver. The OS is XP, using Sage 6.6. Could it be a stuck button?

How do I figure out why this is happening and find a solution?