SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-25-2006, 10:44 PM

Licensing Faq

I am very intrested about and thinking about purchasing it but I was wondering. I have an old computer and thinking about upgrading the machine, keeping the hard drive. Would I have to purchase a new license if I switched mother boards or reinstall my operating system?

Thanks
P
Old 06-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers412
Would I have to purchase a new license if I switched mother boards or reinstall my operating system?
No, on the PC you can just stop using SageTV on the old PC when you discard it and start using it on a new one. The licensing agreement for SageTV and SageTVClient is that each single license key is for use on a single PC, but you are free to upgrade your system.

The Placeshifter/Extender licensing is a bit different -- it is registered on the server system, then you can connect from any remote system, connecting as many remote PS/Extender clients at once as you have licenses registered on the server.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

The only issue you'll have is you'll have to start entering the serial key on Thursday, and you should be done sometime Friday afternoon.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to teknubic Send a message via AIM to teknubic Send a message via MSN to teknubic Send a message via Yahoo to teknubic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgitta
The only issue you'll have is you'll have to start entering the serial key on Thursday, and you should be done sometime Friday afternoon.
OR you could Copy | Paste and be done in ~3s. I understand the thing about email not being on the same system as SageTV. Webmail is your friend.
They do have l o n g registration keys though.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just thought I'd stop in for a sec. Needed a break entering my license.

Here's what I have so far:

WE45Y-OI098-P2P34-HYR65-JUY62-4G4T6-MLK09-DR76J-JUY6W-FFY87-PO12A-SEW23-PO923-LOP98-PPQWV-JGGET-LPWE4-87DR56-HY99H-KI2H3-JUI98-H5H67-KI5G3-LOWE8-QW34K-POI6J-OIWE5-HUYE9-MJU3B-LO234-HQW1P-AS9S9-NU3OO-LO129

Well, better get back to it. Need to finish before dinner.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to teknubic Send a message via AIM to teknubic Send a message via MSN to teknubic Send a message via Yahoo to teknubic
rofl
I said Cut & Paste in the the other thread so I won't say it again here. But I will say that webmail is your friend.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknubic
rofl
I said Cut & Paste in the the other thread so I won't say it again here. But I will say that webmail is your friend.
*sigh* Yeah, but the PC I'm working on at the moment is un-interneted.

If Sage had used the seperate text field tab over style like Microsoft, I would have requested an RMA before the computer had a chance to shut down.

At least it's the actual code, and you don't have to use an Ovaltine decoder chart to transpose all the charcacters.

Almost there. Twenty minutes tops!

Last edited by pgitta; 06-27-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, if you're not hooked up, don't forget to copy what you've typed before hitting the 'ok' button. I think if you get it wrong, it clears it and you start over.
GL HF

Edit: I just read your 'God hates me' thread. I think I'm getting the whole picture now. Sorry to hear about what happened to you and your equipment.

Last edited by teknubic; 06-27-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks,

The insurance dude should be around this week and I have my fingers crossed. I don't plan a lick of fudging or fraud. I just want my crap replaced.

Oh, the key doesn't disappear fortunately. It lets you make corrections...at least the version I have does.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

You could have cut and pasted the key to a .txt file and moved it using a jump drive or floppy.