SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Nope, the flat looking ones aren't mine. I'm guessing that when you installed the latest, greatest SageMC, it probably overwrote those files with the ones that Dirk includes. Just reinstall the guide bars and that should fix you up. To avoid my graphics being overwritten with each upgrade, I only install the .xml and any new jars when I upgrade SageMC.

Edit: It looks like you lost some icons too. You have Dirk's recording indicator on the screen. You probably lost a few others as well.

Mike

<tease> I happened to start looking at the guide bars again last night. I played around a little and it looks like I should have a glassy set of guide bars available soon. I think it will keep the look more consistent if you are using my other glassy graphics.</tease>

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-12-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui

Nope, the flat looking ones aren't mine. I'm guessing that when you installed the latest, greatest SageMC, it probably overwrote those files with the ones that Dirk includes. Just reinstall the guide bars and that should fix you up. To avoid my graphics being overwritten with each upgrade, I only install the .xml and any new jars when I upgrade SageMC.

Mike

<tease> I happened to start looking at the guide bars again last night. I played around a little and it looks like I should have a glassy set of guide bars available soon. I think it will keep the look more consistent if you are using my other glassy graphics.</tease>
you are a master jedi of tease!

Yep, there was an old copy of the movie flat image in there, not sure why. That was the only one mixed up. Beers on me in February!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Kirby,

Check your show icons too.

Mike
Old 09-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Sage Icon

Maybe it's just me, but when I use your color guide bars and have something with a yellow background the text is completely unreadable (it's too bright). Any ideas?
Old 09-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Sage Icon

yeah, hadnt gotten that far yet. Watching Big Brother finale, which is why there was the master jedi comment (anyone that watched would understand)
Old 09-12-2006, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
Maybe it's just me, but when I use your color guide bars and have something with a yellow background the text is completely unreadable (it's too bright). Any ideas?
You can try using the dark set, or you can change the text color in the SageMC Options menu, or you can try out the new ones I'm working on in a few days.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-12-2006, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you guess if it worked?

And yes, you are correct, no other plug ins yet. Thats in no way saying that I dont like all the other ones, but my time is limited and just havent gotten around to them yet!! Now I can concentrate on a other issues, like getting comskip/SA working.
As a small compensation you could re-download the fixed sagemc package, it now includes a button to permanently change the show category to the alias if a definition exists (accessible via 'Edit Video Info') ...

So you'll be able to get back some time by not having to fire up the web server for that ...

Dirk
Old 09-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, it's a riot reading all the posts in here. I go away for an hour, and there are 10 new posts.

Ah, the good old JAR files. Get's you every time. Bad thing is, I've lost my window of "opportunity" again...

I would love glassy guide bars. Would finish off the look...at least, until the glassy main menu items just magically appeared in the download section...

You guys are great.

I think it's about time I updated the Wiki on using Dirmon2 and SA (or ComSkip). I did that long ago, before Dirmon2 and before the user interface changed so much on SA...at least that's something I could do to contribute, instead of just being a leach...
Old 09-12-2006, 06:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
...at least, until the glassy main menu items just magically appeared in the download section...

...instead of just being a leach...
What's that sucking sound I hear?

Edit: Sorry, I think the lack of sleep is making me giddy.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-12-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
As a small compensation you could re-download the fixed sagemc package, it now includes a button to permanently change the show category to the alias if a definition exists (accessible via 'Edit Video Info') ...

So you'll be able to get back some time by not having to fire up the web server for that ...

Dirk
Iis done! Thank you sir!!! Amazing work! Question though, can you update the alias file without shutting down Sage? For instance, if I set up my aliases I know of right now, then next week some goon at Zap2it or whoever makes up the genre's decides he wants "Science-Fiction" instead of the already existing Sci-Fi and " Science Fiction" can you add that alias into the file and then modify the show? In other words, does SageMC load the file at each use of aliases or only at each startup?

*edit* Oh no, not again....

6.11a: IMDB lookup Search results page: "Failed to load the SageIMDB java class". I just copied the new XML and 2 java files over from the download. neilm_sageimdb.jar dated 9-9-06 11:41am. sagemc.jar dated 9-12-06, 8:23pm. Did I grab 6.11a too early?

Last edited by Kirby; 09-12-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
You can try using the dark set, or you can change the text color in the SageMC Options menu, or you can try out the new ones I'm working on in a few days.

Aloha,
Mike
I am using the dark set. The text colors in SageMC Options don't seem to alter the currently selected item. Is there something I'm doing wrong? If not, and even if so, I'll patiently wait for the new ones.

Was that long enough? Are the new ones ready yet?
Old 09-12-2006, 07:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In other words, does SageMC load the file at each use of aliases or only at each startup?
Not as of yet, but I might be able to do something about it ...

Dirk
Old 09-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Not as of yet, but I might be able to do something about it ...

Dirk
Cool

Now I just have to figure out which file is giving me the IMDB error. Not happening on my other pc, so its got to be something I screwed up.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Cool

Now I just have to figure out which file is giving me the IMDB error. Not happening on my other pc, so its got to be something I screwed up.
It's the java version, the IMDB jar in the package seems to require 1.5. Try the one attached ...

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip nielm_sageimdb.zip (36.6 KB, 138 views)
Old 09-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Sage Icon

that would explain it, as the PC its working on is still 1.60 beta. Thanks, trying it now.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Sage Icon

Crud. I'm just now looking at this alias.properties file. Is this supposed to be populated in order for the genre icons to show up, or is this for the sole reason of the Webserver?
Old 09-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Sage Icon

BTW, I'm back to 1.5.0_8.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

the alias file is to get things like "music special" to use "music" icon if you alias it that way. and also Dirk is adding (or added) the ability to update the genre in the Sage DB based on the alias. If I understand it all correctly
Old 09-12-2006, 08:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Crud. I'm just now looking at this alias.properties file. Is this supposed to be populated in order for the genre icons to show up, or is this for the sole reason of the Webserver?
No, you have to add entries manually, but only if your library files contain non-standard categories which you want to map to 'standard ones'. In the normal case this file is not needed.

Dirk
Old 09-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
I have a few movies in my import directories that are Suspense/Thriller so I edited my alias.properties file to look like this
Code:
# Alias definitions for genres
#
# The first entry is the actual genre of the show
# The second entry is the translated name to use for the genre icons
#
# Example:
# if your show has the genre "Science Fiction", but you want to use the Sci-Fi*.png icons, define
#
# Science Fiction=Sci-Fi

Science-Fiction=Sci-Fi
Suspense/Thriller=Thriller
Now when I do that I get 2 Thriller Icons that show up.

Is this the idea of do I have something wrong?

Miller