SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Crud. I'm just now looking at this alias.properties file. Is this supposed to be populated in order for the genre icons to show up, or is this for the sole reason of the Webserver?
The genre icons should show up without having to touch this file. The purpose of the alias file is to map variations in genre names back to the genre that has the icon. For instance Sci-Fi has an icon but Science-Fiction does not. The alias allows Science-Fiction to then have the Sci-Fi icon displayed. Dirk then took this a step further and allowed the genre to be permanently changed to the alias in the 'Edit Video Info' popup for each movie. With this done, a movie with that originally had a genre of Science-Fiction would have its genre actually changed to Sci-Fi. Sorry to ramble on. Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 09-12-2006, 08:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers_35
I have a few movies in my import directories that are Suspense/Thriller so I edited my alias.properties file to look like this
Code:
# Alias definitions for genres
#
# The first entry is the actual genre of the show
# The second entry is the translated name to use for the genre icons
#
# Example:
# if your show has the genre "Science Fiction", but you want to use the Sci-Fi*.png icons, define
#
# Science Fiction=Sci-Fi

Science-Fiction=Sci-Fi
Suspense/Thriller=Thriller
Now when I do that I get 2 Thriller Icons that show up.

Is this the idea of do I have something wrong?

Miller
That looks correct. If you want to get rid of the Suspense/Thriller genre and just have one icon show up, Dirk added a feature to permanently change a movie's genre to its alias in the 'Edit Video Info' popup in v6.11a.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
If I would have waited a little longer. I guess the best thing for me to do would be edit those Suspense/Thriller inside the Collections.xml file? Is that the way you guys would do it?

Miller
Old 09-12-2006, 08:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers_35
Is this the idea of do I have something wrong?

Miller
Yes this is correct because the alias file only translates to a different icon file, but does not change the actual category of the video file (so the database API will still group into two separate groups). If you download 6.11a, you can permanently change the genre of those files to the alias with 'Edit Video Info' ...

Dirk
Old 09-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

I have seen the light. Thank you guys. Much clearer now...
Old 09-12-2006, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
That looks correct. If you want to get rid of the Suspense/Thriller genre and just have one icon show up, Dirk added a feature to permanently change a movie's genre to its alias in the 'Edit Video Info' popup in v6.11a.

Aloha,
Mike
Mhh, maybe we should look into a collaborate joint posting facility ...

Dirk
Old 09-12-2006, 08:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Mhh, maybe we should look into a collaborate joint posting facility ...

Dirk
Agreed

Edit: Dirk, keep up the posts. You've almost made it to the coveted 'Sage Icon' status!

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-12-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
BTW, I'm back to 1.5.0_8.
What made you switch back? I was _this_ close to making the change. And doesn't 1.5.0_8 have the handle problem? Just curious.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
It's the java version, the IMDB jar in the package seems to require 1.5. Try the one attached ...

Dirk
Works perfect. Thanks!

You know, since you went ahead and added the option to permanently change the genre, I'm wondering if it wouldnt be easier (from an end user standpoint of course) to not have the alias system in its current form, but to have a master list of agreed upon genres, and an option to just pick whatever genre we want the show in. Reason I came up with this just now is that I just was doing an IMDB lookup on a Peter Frampton concert I recorded, and IMDB puts it into Documentary. No way can I put in an alias for Documentary=Music! I wonder how often a situation like this comes up where the genre is just no where near? If its not often, then I guess its easier to just use the webserver plugin. Thoughts?

Last edited by Kirby; 09-12-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
What made you switch back? I was _this_ close to making the change. And doesn't 1.5.0_8 have the handle problem? Just curious.

Aloha,
Mike
Yes, I believe it does have that problem. But after my fresh install, I was getting crashes about 3 times a day with 1.6 beta 2 with 97 something or rather...
Old 09-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Sage Icon

6.11a and df_sageutils.jar gave me genre icon love...as someone likes to say...
Old 09-13-2006, 04:02 AM
SageTVaholic

So here is what I came up with for some glassy guide bars. I decided to go simple, since that always seems to look better. If there are any brave souls who want to try them, please let me know if you like them and then I'll add them to the guide bar download. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike

Attached Files
File Type: zip Glassy Color Coded Guide Bars.zip (79.3 KB, 141 views)
Old 09-13-2006, 06:41 AM
Sage Icon

Cheech and Chong huh?

I'm not sure which I like better, these new bars, or the 'plain' color coded guide bars.. Will have to try these out for a few days, but they do look good (just like all the other graphics you made)
Old 09-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Sage Icon

LOL, you can bet I'll give them a go.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Cheech and Chong huh?
That's funny. I wasn't even paying attention to that (it was late). If I had noticed, I would have selected 'Fist of Fury'. I love that stuff (since I'm a martial artist).

Old 09-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Sage Icon

OK, I tried the new color guide bars and they look really good, but I'm still having a problem with the currently selected being yellow. It's fine on top, but the bottom is severely washed out. Is there any way to change the text color for the currently selected items? If all of them were black, I would definitely be able to read them all.

By the way, I really do like all the work you've done and I'm not generally picky like this, but my wife and kids are really having a hard time with this one issue. If I have to edit the base xml file, that's fine with me too just let me know basically where to edit it.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Sage Icon

Mike, these look great. As toricred points out, the yellow with white is a bit hard to see, but I'm fine with it. Maybe if the yellow was a bit darker or something.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:35 PM
SageTVaholic

I'll darken the yellow and upload another try tonight. Thanks for the feedback.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-14-2006, 02:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
OK, I tried the new color guide bars and they look really good, but I'm still having a problem with the currently selected being yellow. It's fine on top, but the bottom is severely washed out. Is there any way to change the text color for the currently selected items? If all of them were black, I would definitely be able to read them all.
Can you try these and let me know how they work for you? I darkened the yellow slightly, and reduced the highlighting on the bottom half in both the underlying bars and in the selection overlay. I don't want to go too much darker with the yellow or I''l lose the clear distinction between the yellow and brown bars. It looks good on my monitor, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to change the color of the text in the selected bar. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip Glassy Color Coded Guide Bars take2.zip (92.4 KB, 145 views)
Old 09-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

Take 2 looks great. The yellow seems to be much more readable, at least, to me. Thanks!