SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have a (likely dumb) question.

Out of the blue about a day ago, a random icon appeared at the top of my screen that is visible on every menu screen.

I looked up its name in the ShowIcons folder and it was a little green icon with the picture of a hard drive. It was called "online"

What is this thing and why did it just randomly appear and not go away.

Thanks

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hi Ted,

Could you try these out? I decided to err on the side of BIG. These are 400x400. It is always easier to scale them down than up. They are basically bigger versions of the ones you attached as an example. I might try to come up with something original later, but for now hopefully these will work for you.

evilpenguin,

If you happen to read this, feel free to use these icons however you see fit if you like them.

Aloha,
Mike
BIG? They're HUUUUUUUUGE!!

Sage scales them down and they look awesome - especially awesome is the semi-transparancy, allowing me to view the text below.

Thanks, and now I owe you some beer too!
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
I have a (likely dumb) question.

Out of the blue about a day ago, a random icon appeared at the top of my screen that is visible on every menu screen.

I looked up its name in the ShowIcons folder and it was a little green icon with the picture of a hard drive. It was called "online"

What is this thing and why did it just randomly appear and not go away.

Thanks
Fidgety.

This icon is used in the "My Videos" section. If enabled, it shows either that icon, or a similar icon, but with the letters "DVD" in it. It basically gives you a quick way to tell if the videos in the My Videos section are on the hard drive, or are offline, meaning you'll have to insert the DVD to play it.

There was a mistake in one of the earlier STV downloads that had this icon mixed up with another, IIRC, but this has been fixed since then. So, what version of SageMC are you using?

BTW, these icons are enabled in the SageMC Options, although I forget what they have been called.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Fidgety.

This icon is used in the "My Videos" section. If enabled, it shows either that icon, or a similar icon, but with the letters "DVD" in it. It basically gives you a quick way to tell if the videos in the My Videos section are on the hard drive, or are offline, meaning you'll have to insert the DVD to play it.

There was a mistake in one of the earlier STV downloads that had this icon mixed up with another, IIRC, but this has been fixed since then. So, what version of SageMC are you using?

BTW, these icons are enabled in the SageMC Options, although I forget what they have been called.
Okay, stop. You mean to say that I can add a catalogue of my DVD collection to Sage so that I can browse my collection and decide what to watch (or sort/organize it as well)??

so, can you point me in the direction to set this feature up and, to keep this on topic ( ) utilize the graphic indicators that identify the DVD's??

Dammit - everytime I think i'm done there is one more thing I can't live without!!
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Ted,

Gerry just answered your question a little while ago in another thread. So I'll defer to him.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think my issue of the "online" icon is a glitch in MC. I see it assocated with a video, but it is also on every single sage screen now as well, weather, guide, home all have it at the top.

Ill just reboot when i get around to it.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think my issue of the "online" icon is a glitch in MC. I see it assocated with a video, but it is also on every single sage screen now as well, weather, guide, home all have it at the top.

Update to the latest version of SageMC (v6.12a). That should take care of the problem. It was found and fixed a version or two ago.

Mike
Old 09-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

The reason it was on every page, is because it was accidentally used for the conflict or resolved conflict icon. A reboot probably will not fix it, unless of course, all your conflicts/resolved conflicts go away.

Just need to update to the latest, as Mike said.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey guys,

Quick question here. I am planning to release the "Glassy Show Icons, Squared" set (thanks for the name, geogecko) in the next couple of days. I am planning on just generating opacities of 0.5, 0.75, and 1.0. Does that work for everyone? I'm guessing not too many people are still using the 0.35 opacity version of the existing glassy show icons.

On another note, I should have a minor update to the genre icons in a couple of days as well. I'm adding support for a very cool new feature in SageMC as well as another genre or two.

This leads me to another question. Would anyone be interested if I posted template photoshop files for the three genre icon shapes? You could then generate your own icons for non-standard genres. Just a thought.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Sage Icon

Oh I use .35!! Kidding.

As for the templates, you going to share your copy of Photoshop too? Wont do me any good, but some might find it of value.

Of course the way the new feature is going to work, the templates wont be such a big deal for me...

As for the new genre's, if you are making that one I asked about, please dont put TD on it, SC and RM and PB are fine though.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
As for the new genre's, if you are making that one I asked about, please dont put TD on it, SC and RM and PB are fine though.
I was planning on SC, a certain white cat, and either RM or PB. But I can leave out the cat if you prefer.

Mike
Old 09-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Sage Icon

The cat is cool! And sorta fits with the whole 'Sage' thing you know
Old 09-28-2006, 03:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The cat is cool! And sorta fits with the whole 'Sage' thing you know
Thats kinda what I thought.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Sage Icon

After thinking about it some more, can I use those Photoshop templates in any other graphics program? Can Gimp use them? Or some other free software for windows or linux? I guess I would use them at some point!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
After thinking about it some more, can I use those Photoshop templates in any other graphics program? Can Gimp use them? Or some other free software for windows or linux? I guess I would use them at some point!
I have no idea. I guess you would have to check the Gimp documentation to see if it is able to import .psd files. FYI I'm doing everything in the venerable Photoshop 6.

Mike
Old 09-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
This leads me to another question. Would anyone be interested if I posted template photoshop files for the three genre icon shapes? You could then generate your own icons for non-standard genres. Just a thought.
I have Photoshop Elements. Would this work? I'd love to be able to make a couple of genres of my own (like one for Home Movies).

--Heidi
Old 09-28-2006, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
I have Photoshop Elements. Would this work? I'd love to be able to make a couple of genres of my own (like one for Home Movies).

--Heidi
I don't if it will work or not. I guess the only way to find out is to try it. I think I will include a zip file in the genre icon download with an example icon of each type to use as a template. That way anyone who want to play with them won't have to search the forum to find the files.

Also, I just checked and it looks like GIMP can open .psd files.
Hopefully that will make the templates useful to more people.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

I looked into buying Photoshop but baulked at the price. I downloaded GIMP a few weeks ago and it seems pretty nice for free although I have alot to learn.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi All,

The new 'Glassy Show Icons, Squared' are now available for download. Just follow the link in my signature. (Sorry Jason )

Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Sage Expert

Well the installer has 4 out of 7... I can set up the G.S.I. (Glassy Show Icons... ) like I did with the HD vs SD selections in regards to the Round vs Squared versions I suppose...

Quit pumping things out, would ya!

-Jason