SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, cool, like the name Mike. Been out of town for a few days, and missed a lot of action...

Can't wait to see these new squared icons.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi. Me again.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated genre icons downloads to v1.1 (both color and blue).

Here are the additions:

v 1.1
1. Added Sport, Series, and James Bond icons
2. Added .psd genre icon file for each of the 3 icon types for use as a template for creating your own personalized genre icons. Note requires Photoshop 6 (or higher), the GIMP, or another image editing package capable of opening .psd files.

The Series icons are completely blank. They have been added in preparation for one of the cool new features in the next version of SageMC. The Sport icons were supposed to have several images from Rudy in them, but inexplicably the images disappeared. I can only guess that some malicious hacker broke into my system and only deleted the Rudy screenshots that I so painstakingly collected. Oh well. (sorry, inside joke) The James Bond icons were a special request, so I decided to have a little fun with them. (Hope you like them Kirby )

Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike

P.S. Welcome back geogecko! I'm looking forward to hearing if anyone actually likes the square icons. And I had to the name you coined.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:45 AM
Sage Icon

The Bond and Sport icons are great! Thanks Mike!! But how did you find out that I wiped your Rudy icons? And I really like the looks of the squared icons. Have to get those installed and try them out.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Sage Icon

Mike, these squared icons are wonderful. I haven't actually seen them on the big screen yet, but from VNC, the look cool.

I will probably have a hard time deciding on which to use for good, square or circle...
Old 10-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Mike, these squared icons are wonderful. I haven't actually seen them on the big screen yet, but from VNC, the look cool.

I will probably have a hard time deciding on which to use for good, square or circle...
They look great on my big screen, but it is a tossup as to which one to use round or square...

Maybe I'll change them every other day
Old 10-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Sage Icon

I was thinking the same thing. I think I like the square ones, slightly better than the round ones...
Old 10-02-2006, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. I think I like the square ones, slightly better than the round ones...
I haven't even seen them in SageMC yet.

My wife said we're keeping the round ones.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
I haven't even seen them in SageMC yet.

My wife said we're keeping the round ones.

Aloha,
Mike
The easy way out of that trap is to just wait for MC 6.13 to come along, and say "Dirk eliminated the option for round icons". Of course if she finds out you are still offering the round ones for download that could backfire!
Old 10-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, well, I can tell you, they look very nice.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have not looked into this topic in a few months, but has anyone figured otu a way to get shows such as south park which is sitcom/animated to show up with the animated colors?

Also, I much prefer the square icons on my system. I guess I like the sharp edges

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
I have not looked into this topic in a few months, but has anyone figured otu a way to get shows such as south park which is sitcom/animated to show up with the animated colors?
I'm having a little trouble understanding your question. Could you explain the issue a bit more? Sorry, I'm a bit more dense than usual this morning.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Sage User

Mike great work...

Only problem for me is when using the glassy color guide bars sports events are not colored. The sports non-event and sports talk are all green, but the actually sporting events like basketball games and such are not colored. Any idea what's wrong? I'm using SageMC by the way (not version 6).

Jon
Old 01-16-2007, 09:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbilich
Mike great work...

Only problem for me is when using the glassy color guide bars sports events are not colored. The sports non-event and sports talk are all green, but the actually sporting events like basketball games and such are not colored. Any idea what's wrong? I'm using SageMC by the way (not version 6).

Jon
Look for the png file in the download that has 'sports event' in the title. Photoshop has an annoying habit of placing a '-' where I had put a space when it exports png files. Sometimes I miss them when I clean up the file names. If the filename has 'sports-event', replace the '-' with a space and copy the file into the ...\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Images folder. Sage might have to be restarted. Hopefully that's it.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Sage User

Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply. I had hoped it would be something that simple. Sure enough the sports files were labeled simply "_sports_" rather than "_sports event_". Thanks again for all your great work and all your help!!

Jon
Old 01-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Genre Icons

Mike,

Okay, I've finally gotten my genre icons (um, I mean YOUR genre icons) up and running - beautiful work. (And so much for my being an early adopter, eh?)

The problem (it's always something, isn't it?) is with the suspense/thriller category.

I've read this thread, and I simply copied your thriller.png files and renamed them suspense-thriller.png - this worked and they show up - but I can see the words "Suspense/Thriller" superimposed over the word "Thriller" on the icon. Any ideas?
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Ted,

I'll try to duplicate it on my system as soon as I get the chance. If it turns out to be a bug, I'll alert Dirk about it. In the mean time, you can rename the Suspense/Thriller genre to just Thriller in all of the movies it applies to. That should side-step the problem for now.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Sage Icon

Ted, perhaps it is that you are trying so many things at once! LOL. Just kidding, good to see that you are putting SageTV to so much use!
Old 01-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Quote:
Ted, perhaps it is that you are trying so many things at once! LOL. Just kidding, good to see that you are putting SageTV to so much use!
You're not kidding!! It's been SageTV week for me (but actually, it's taken two or three so far).

I spend about an hour a day setting up this new box so as to keep from not working and ignoring my family.

Of course, as you all know, what this really means is that I'm at the computer every waking hour, getting no work done at ALL, and almost completely ignoring my family.

This, too, shall pass.
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Sage Icon

Mike! How are the twins? I've only got 7 more weeks before our kid is born!

Have you ever thought about doing some Webserver squared graphics?

This was my first shot at them.

Notice, they are GIFs instead of PNGs. One thing, is that in the web server, there is an icon for favorites that either, record ALL, FIRST RUNS, or RERUNS. I'm using the same "favorite" icon for all of them. Also, there is an icon for "Allowing Deletion" of the files, if they have been watched, etc. There are little tiny round icons used in the guide as well.

If anyone uses this, you may want to backup the sage folder in the webroot folder before hand, in case you don't like them.

Attached Files
File Type: zip webserver_squared.zip (18.8 KB, 160 views)

Last edited by geogecko; 02-10-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Its funny you posted that. That was the first thing I did when the webserver was released

I went with the smaller icons though.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (80.1 KB, 186 views)

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.

Last edited by FidgetyRat; 02-08-2007 at 08:33 AM.