SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Ooo...like the new grey version. What is the process for changing the color of the selection bars...I still like orange!
Hi Jason,

You can still grab them from the alternate graphics download. Then just drop them into the appropriate liquid theme folder in

...\SageTV\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\ Liquid - *

You will also have to rename a couple of the images:

button_green_nofocus_165x32 -> button_nofocus.png
button_green_focus_165x32 -> button_focus.png
button_small_imdb_* -> button_*

Hope you like it!

Aloha,
Mike

P.S. How is Sydney?

Last edited by MeInMaui; 10-02-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Sage Icon

Geez, I come back to Sage from the dark side (MCE) and have all these new things to install! New themes looks great Mike! Cant wait to get the new version of SageMC installed and see how badly I can mess up my themes!

Kirby

p.s. Mike did you ever get your firewire STB stuff working?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Mike. Sydney is doing well, as well as a 6 month old can!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
p.s. Mike did you ever get your firewire STB stuff working?
Hi Kirby!

I never got the firewire capture to work, but firewire channel changing works like a champ. I'm actually better off this way. I have an HDHR to get the clear qam channels and I record from the s-video outputs of my two STB's so that I can record the full digital lineup. It seems to be working well for me. Thanks for asking!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Mike,

I can see your themes in my Settings menu for SageMC, and even apply them, but the backgrounds don't seem to load for me. What am I doing wrong?
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Kirby,

I'm in the same boat as Mike with the FirewireSTB. Using his helpful instructions (2x now!!), I record all the digital content via a pair of HDHR's and use S-Video for other digital on the cable boxes. I feel the picture quality is better over firewire, but I was only just getting it going when the cable company sent out an update and put an end to it.
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT View Post
Mike,

I can see your themes in my Settings menu for SageMC, and even apply them, but the backgrounds don't seem to load for me. What am I doing wrong?
Hi Ted,

Check to see if you have a background image specified in Settings > SageMC Options > Main > Global UI Options > Display (I think that's where it is). This will override any theme background. If you have it set, just clear the setting and that should do the trick. You might have to reload the theme. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wow, you're very smart!

Even better - you were right! I'd selected a background and forgotton about it.

Another question, though, why would I select SD over 1920 with a 720p screen? To me, it seems that both the aspect ratio and the resolution are closer between 720P and 1080i than between 480i and 720P.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT View Post
Wow, you're very smart!

Even better - you were right! I'd selected a background and forgotton about it.

Another question, though, why would I select SD over 1920 with a 720p screen? To me, it seems that both the aspect ratio and the resolution are closer between 720P and 1080i than between 480i and 720P.
Not smart. I just had to fix the same issue on my computer yesterday.

Anyway, the main thing you will notice between the 1920 vs. the SD themes is the size of the show icons and encoder markers. To me, the full resolution icons are just right at 1920x1080, but are too big at 1280x720 and below. The SD sized icons are a better fit to me. Other than that, all of the other graphics are 1/4 the size in the SD versions (1/2 resolution in each dimension). This reduces the memory footprint may make your menus snappier. At 1920x1080, the lo-res graphics start to look pretty bad, but at 1280x720 they still look pretty crisp. In the end it's up to you which version you use. You can even mix and match them if you want. Think of my recommendation as a 'serving suggestion'.

BTW, the backgrounds in the SD themes are actually 960x540, a bit in between SD and 720p resolutions. To me it was a good compromise between the resolutions so that I didn't have to include too many theme versions. Heck the download is already more then 45MB! HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-03-2007, 06:09 AM
Sage Icon

The Liquid theme has never looked better! Thanks Mike. I still need to use the shorter selection bars, but other than that, it's awesome.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

I miss the liquid font graphics that used to be at the top of the screen on My TV, Guide, Recordings, etc. Is this not possible with the new version of SageTV? It looks like flachbar uses fonts for these instead of graphics. Or am I just doing something incorrectly?

Carl
Old 10-03-2007, 10:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar View Post
I miss the liquid font graphics that used to be at the top of the screen on My TV, Guide, Recordings, etc. Is this not possible with the new version of SageTV? It looks like flachbar uses fonts for these instead of graphics. Or am I just doing something incorrectly?

Carl
D'oh! I just noticed those weren't showing up last night. I'll play with it tonight and see if it is a problem in the theme. Thanks for pointing that out.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-03-2007, 11:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
D'oh! I just noticed those weren't showing up last night. I'll play with it tonight and see if it is a problem in the theme. Thanks for pointing that out.

Aloha,
Mike
The *_logo.png files have been moved to the "MenuIcons" folder (and crap I didn't mention this )

Dirk
Old 10-03-2007, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
The *_logo.png files have been moved to the "MenuIcons" folder (and crap I didn't mention this )

Dirk
Ah, that's why they didn't show up.

For now anyone who wants can just move them. I'll update the liquid theme tonight.

BTW, I just checked and the _logo.png files are in the wrong place in the default theme as well.

Thanks Dirk!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-03-2007, 02:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post

BTW, I just checked and the _logo.png files are in the wrong place in the default theme as well.
Nope, they are in the MenuIcons folder... You're probably still looking at the pre-release folder

Dirk
Old 10-03-2007, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Nope, they are in the MenuIcons folder... You're probably still looking at the pre-release folder

Dirk
Oops! Sorry about that.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Sage Icon

Well I finally got this installed (came home to a Sage machine that just wouldnt do anything, and could restart it, corrupt wiz.bin ). Love the new themes Mike!

Quick question though, I am using the gray theme (1080 version), are the pop up windows supposed to be blue backgrounds? Example would be the 'options' popup. Another would be the 'stop' dialog window. I am sure there are some others.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well I finally got this installed (came home to a Sage machine that just wouldnt do anything, and could restart it, corrupt wiz.bin ). Love the new themes Mike!
Ouch.

Quote:
Quick question though, I am using the gray theme (1080 version), are the pop up windows supposed to be blue backgrounds? Example would be the 'options' popup. Another would be the 'stop' dialog window. I am sure there are some others.
It think it's a Hex color setting the the SageMC options, IIRC. I had to find an online hex color map and find a color that seemed to match, then type in the value for it.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
It think it's a Hex color setting the the SageMC options, IIRC. I had to find an online hex color map and find a color that seemed to match, then type in the value for it.
I think it is set in the theme.properties file for each theme now. I didn't play with it yet, but I'll add some appropriate values soon.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Sage Icon

I did it through theme.properties. If you look at the one in default, it is there but commented out. Remove the # and select your color code.