SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Looking better Mike, I hate to be a nag, but that dark line at the top that seems to pinch the edges is still there. I took the clear bar and placed it on a bluegrey background in PS. The top left and right edges seem to loose transparency, and that dark line just pops right out and makes the edges look oval instead of round. But maybe it is just me, art is subjective.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:32 AM
SageTVaholic

I made some more adjustments to the selection bars to (hopefully) make them look better. I removed the top shadow completely, since it didn't actually seem to add much. I hope this is the same shadow that kricker noticed was causing problems. I've been staring at these for so long, I just can't tell anymore. The selection bar set has now been added to the downloads area and can be found here.

Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Now I'm off to bed for my last full night's sleep before the twins come home.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-21-2006, 07:19 AM
Sage Icon

LOL...another version...I'm sure this one will do me justice just like the previous set...but what the heck.

Thanks!

Hmm...glassy animated icons on the main menu (the big ones that slide from the right)???

Good luck on the late nights. I guess when you're up with the little ones, trying to get them to sleep, maybe you could have one on each side of your chest, while you sit at the computer making nice little glassy bubble icons and what not... ha, ha. Yeah, right, huh?
Old 07-21-2006, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

You're on to me. I'm secretly doing a psychological study on geogecko to see just how frequently I can get him to change his setup. The results are quite impressive!
I mostly just wanted to get the full set finished and out there before the twins come home and development slows down. I am expecting my mobility with the mouse and keyboard to be slightly diminished with a baby in each arm.

And yup, I'm thinking the animated main menu icons are probably next up on the chopping block. Any additional suggestions on style would be appreciated. I'm definitely going to try to make them consistent with the glassy theme, but should they be more abstract? Should they be an icon within a glass enclosure, sort of like the show icons? Or should they be just glassy objects? (like a glassy TV, camera, etc.) It would be very helpful to get an idea of what is preferred/expected. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah, I think you have lots of options...

I like the idea of glassy objects, or the glass enclosure, with still the soft icon located inside (basically, like it's in a bubble or something).

I think either would be cool, but might have to see some (yes, I'll try them out for you...), before I could decide. How about just doing one or two of them in both ways, and just posting the picture in this thread? (If you can't host the picture, let me know, and I can host it for you, and give you a linky.)

Luckly, I'm running in service mode, so as long as the TV is not being watched, I don't have a problem shutting Sage down to install graphics, even if something is recording.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Sage Expert

Wow! I didn't think I'd end up using the new bars, but I just gave them a shot and I think I'm definitely going with the clear. Looks really slick.

Here's a screenshot of my main menu now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage_clear.JPG (43.7 KB, 346 views)
Old 07-25-2006, 05:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for giving them a try.....and thanks for the screenshot!
Old 08-26-2006, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Updated glassy show icons to include series.png and rec_indicator.png icons for new features in sageMC 0.6.10. Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Sage Icon

Very, very nice. And quick work, with twins, I might add.

Any chance of you working on a more MCE/Glassy Diskbar?
Old 08-26-2006, 03:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Very, very nice. And quick work, with twins, I might add.

Any chance of you working on a more MCE/Glassy Diskbar?
Thanks geogecko. About the diskbar: I'm not certain, but I think it uses internal shapes widgets and no external graphics. If it were recoded to use external graphics I'd be able to whip something up, but I'm thinking this is a lot of work to change.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-26-2006, 06:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh, and while I'm at it, here is a first cut at a main menu icon for MyTV that I've been playing with. It still needs lots of work, but I want you guys to know that I haven't abandoned you.

Please feel free to let me know if I'm totally off-base here. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: png hover_my tv.png (411.3 KB, 324 views)

Last edited by MeInMaui; 08-26-2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:36 PM
Sage Icon

That's pretty cool. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

First off, thanks for the GREAT graphics!

Now on to my dumb question. Do I need to be using the Latest Build V6.xx to get the the guide bars to work. I am still using mlbdude's latest dev build and the guide bars look great but I get no color coding. Same with the glassy show icons. They show up here and there and look great, but nothing in the guide.

Since you have twins and loads of free time how about some cool looking icons to replace the somewhat unattractive genre folders in the My Videos menu? (no offense to "the dude" as I am sure they were just a quick and dirty)

TIA

Jesse
Old 08-28-2006, 02:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
Hi,

First off, thanks for the GREAT graphics!

Now on to my dumb question. Do I need to be using the Latest Build V6.xx to get the the guide bars to work. I am still using mlbdude's latest dev build and the guide bars look great but I get no color coding. Same with the glassy show icons. They show up here and there and look great, but nothing in the guide.

Since you have twins and loads of free time how about some cool looking icons to replace the somewhat unattractive genre folders in the My Videos menu? (no offense to "the dude" as I am sure they were just a quick and dirty)

TIA

Jesse
Thanks Jesse. I saw your question in the SageMC forum first, but just for the record you do have to use one of flachbar's latest builds. I believe he added color coded guide bar support back in version 6.0.

I haven't had a chance to test it, but is the attached example below something along the lines of what you are thinking for the genre icons? It would take me a couple of weeks to generate icons for most of the genres, but if there aren't any major objections to this style I can get started on them in my 'loads of free time'.

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: png Action.png (73.0 KB, 301 views)
Old 08-28-2006, 06:43 AM
Sage Icon

I dont know about Jesse's opinion, but I love that Genre icon! But is it too long? I thought the other genre icons were about half that length? Either way, looks very cool!
Old 08-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Sage Icon

LOL, that looks awesome.

I think we have a real theme designer on our hands. (Finally!)
Old 08-28-2006, 07:21 AM
Sage Icon

No kidding! Now we just need Mike to throw a party at his place, BYOB of course I'm thinking mid-January, February time frame!
Old 08-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Wow!

Wow Mike...

That is so far beyond what I was hoping for. I will just say sure, that looks great.

Thanks,

Jesse
Old 08-28-2006, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for positive comments! Boy, you guys are easy to please. Imagine if I acutally knew what I was doing!

I'll adjust the size/length of the icon once I have a chance to see how it looks in SageMC. My development set was acting flakey last night and wouldn't show any of the genre icons in the 'My Videos' screen. But once I get the size ironed out, I'll start generating icons.

Oh, and regarding a certain rumored party...my birthday is in february....Hmmm....

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Sage Icon

Ha, mine too, feb 10! PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

That Genre icon is pretty cool though, something that will definitely be installed on my system once you get them done!