SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
ok, here is my props file.
Hmm...didn't find anything that stood out right away, but somethings I noticed.

Wonder what this is for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby
ui/startup_type=0
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
ui/startup_type=1
Must have changed a path reference or something:
Quote:
ui/background_image=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\Background.jpg
Quote:
ui/background_image=Background.jpg
I only have the second line here, and the save on cancel doesn't work for me. Wonder if I need the first line...(we're trying to fix your problem though, right?)
Quote:
sagemc/save_on_cancel=true
sagemc/save_on_cancel_rec=true
Quote:
sagemc/save_on_cancel_rec=true

Quote:
ui/epg_mark_HDTV=true
ui/epg_mark_first_runs=true
Quote:
ui/epg_mark_HDTV=false
ui/epg_mark_first_runs=false
That's about it...strange.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Sage Icon

startup type: mine is a window, is yours fullscreen?

on the background image, I never touched that line.

The epg guide marks are probably left over from when I used the default STV to put the blue and purple marks in the guide.

The save_on_cancel would be from the MC options. I havent actually tested it though to see if it will save a partial recording if I cancel it (I assume thats what this is for).
Old 09-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah, mine is full screen.

Hmm...so we still didn't find the problem.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
Hi Mike,

Please do not take my request as a criticism! They are a huge improvement just the way they are. Thanks again for all your efforts.
Not at all! We just talked about this earlier in the thread and agreed that it would be great. It just requires some changes in SageMC to actually allow the icons to be larger on-screen. I definitely want to see this happen.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-05-2006, 06:32 AM
Sage Icon

Is it possible that the genre icons not working could be related to Java version? FWIW, I am on 1.6 beta2.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Sage Icon

Could be, but I'm doubting it. I've been on 1.6 beta 2, with 3 different snapshots. I'm currently back to 1.5.0_8 due to lockups that keep happening when I stop a show.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

With tail between legs I would like to alter my request. My supervisor (ie Wife) prefers to view the movie titles in the "Folder View." Any way I can edit the icons to fit the folder view square display area?

Humbly,

Jesse
Old 09-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Mike,

Love your icons - thanks for all your hard work!!

I have an icon request to add to your themes. I've recently set up my DVD burning, and I've noticed that the default icons for it are small glass balls that are only 25 pixels each way - however, on my screen, they are displayed at about 100 pixels each way or more! YUCK!

They are:
error.png
processing.png
queued.png
runable.png

Oddly, the "finished.png" file which is a DVD picture is 128x128 - probably what they all should be. I'm attaching them for reference. It would be awesome if the resembled the icon sets that you've already worked on. I was actually beginning to try to do some of this in Photoshop - but I'd be starting from scratch and I really don't know how to get that glassy, 3D look - maybe you use a 3D environment.

Anyway, these would be awesome if you could get to them!

Thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: png error.png (3.9 KB, 196 views)
File Type: png finished.png (11.0 KB, 194 views)
File Type: png processing.png (3.9 KB, 187 views)
File Type: png queued.png (3.9 KB, 180 views)
File Type: png runable.png (4.0 KB, 183 views)
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Oh, the only other icons used in this feature are these two - don't know if you have any ideas for them, or if they are salvageable in any way...
Attached Images
File Type: png navButton.png (328 Bytes, 173 views)
File Type: png navButtonGray.png (341 Bytes, 184 views)
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi,

With tail between legs I would like to alter my request. My supervisor (ie Wife) prefers to view the movie titles in the "Folder View." Any way I can edit the icons to fit the folder view square display area?

Humbly,

Jesse
Hi Jesse,

I'll see what I can do. I'll look into making square icons that match the bar style icons I've already made. Unfortunately, it will probably take at least a week or two. I'm also working on getting the icons to completely fill the selection bar area. I've modified my SageMC v6.10 STV to do this for the list view and I've come up with an elongated template for the current icons. I just have to change all the icons over and put it all together. (BTW, it looks _really_ good with the couple of icons I have already converted ) I'll look into doing the same with the folder view as well. Once I have all of the modifications done, I'll send the STV file to flachbar and beg (or bribe) him to incorporate the changes into his next version of SageMC. Well, that was a little long winded, but I think there is an answer to your question in there somewhere.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Sage Icon

Much like beers help in solving a problem (although not in my case) they also work wonders in the bribe department too!

Mike, dont be such a tease, give us a screenshot of those full size icons!
Old 09-05-2006, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT
I have an icon request to add to your themes. I've recently set up my DVD burning, and I've noticed that the default icons for it are small glass balls that are only 25 pixels each way - however, on my screen, they are displayed at about 100 pixels each way or more! YUCK!

They are:
error.png
processing.png
queued.png
runable.png

Oddly, the "finished.png" file which is a DVD picture is 128x128 - probably what they all should be. I'm attaching them for reference. It would be awesome if the resembled the icon sets that you've already worked on. I was actually beginning to try to do some of this in Photoshop - but I'd be starting from scratch and I really don't know how to get that glassy, 3D look - maybe you use a 3D environment.

Thanks,
It should be pretty easy to do most of these for you. I'll add them to my ToDo list. I'd like to finish the work on the genre icons first, so it'll be a while before I get to these. Please remind me about this in another week or two so I don't forget about them. I only get at most an hour a day after the twins are in bed to work on this stuff, so it takes a little longer to crank out than I'd like. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-05-2006, 01:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Much like beers help in solving a problem (although not in my case) they also work wonders in the bribe department too!

Yes, beer is universal currency uniquely suited for bribery.

I'm at work now, but I'll try to get a quickie screen shot out tonight. I think you'll like the results. :evil grin:

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Mike said:
Yes, beer is universal currency uniquely suited for bribery.
What flavor and where do I send it?

Jesse
Old 09-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
I'd like to finish the work on the genre icons first, so it'll be a while before I get to these.
Actually, I'd like them done today, if it's all the same to you.

Honestly, just that you are even CONSIDERING doing them is great - we all really appreciate them!!

Thanks again!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What flavor and where do I send it?

Jesse
You'll have to ask flachbar what flavor he likes, since he is the one we have to bribe to include these changes in SageMC.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
You'll have to ask flachbar what flavor he likes, since he is the one we have to bribe to include these changes in SageMC.

Dirk
Old 09-05-2006, 03:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT
Mike,

Love your icons - thanks for all your hard work!!

They are:
error.png
processing.png
queued.png
runable.png

Thanks,
Sorry, that poor artwork was my doing (read:stealing). Just to make sure, your icons look like this...

not just the dot streched across the whole button?

But if MeInMaui does find the time to make some sweet new status icons i'd be more than appreciative

Also, the nav buttons are ugly by design, unfortunatly. The offical DVD menu spec only allows for png's with ~4 total colors including transparency which didn't leave me much room for pretty

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-05-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok. You asked for it.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Sage Icon

I love it! of course it does me little good as my icons still wont show, but it still looks good!