SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Problem with playback on client...

I'm running into a strange problem with my SageTV client... I don't use it a huge amount, but obviously when I do use it I would like it to work properly. It's been on the same machine since v2 of the software, without any problems - but now I've got a strange stutter sort of problem. Probably about once a minute, it will skip forward about 1/2 a second or so - it's sort of like it speeds up for that brief time. This is connected over physical ethernet, so there's no wireless magic happening, and it does the same thing whether I'm playing back HD content, or an MP3 files so it's more than likely not related to bandwidth. In the case of the MP3, I've tested and had the problem happen when using the SageTV MPEG Audio decoder and PureVideo. Now, if I play it back directly using Windows Media Player, then it doesn't encounter any issues. Also, I have PureVideo and it does the same thing (when in Sage)...

Any thoughts or ideas as to how I might be able to address this would be greatly appreciated!