SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-23-2006, 03:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Serious problem with Options menu in SageMC 6.7

The problem is most serious when using PlaceShifter.
Whenever I press Esc (which should bring up the options menu in animated form) it crashes. I'm back at the connect screen of PlaceShifter.
Same happens when I am in My Music and want to start a song by just clicking on it. PS crashes.

When I do the same things on my main machine connected to the TV, no problem with the options screen in Main Menu or while watching TV.
BUT. When I try to play a song, the animated screen comes from afar veeeeery slowly. Takes a long time before it is there.

Disabling UI Animations helps a little bit, but now it only appears if I hit up or down after Select.
For PS it doesn't make a difference. Keeps crashing.

Any ideas?
Old 07-23-2006, 04:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc
The problem is most serious when using PlaceShifter.
Whenever I press Esc (which should bring up the options menu in animated form) it crashes. I'm back at the connect screen of PlaceShifter.
Same happens when I am in My Music and want to start a song by just clicking on it. PS crashes.

When I do the same things on my main machine connected to the TV, no problem with the options screen in Main Menu or while watching TV.
BUT. When I try to play a song, the animated screen comes from afar veeeeery slowly. Takes a long time before it is there.

Disabling UI Animations helps a little bit, but now it only appears if I hit up or down after Select.
For PS it doesn't make a difference. Keeps crashing.

Any ideas?
mlbdude/enable_mainmenu_ui_animations=false
mlbdude/enable_osd_ui_animations=false
mlbdude/enable_ui_animations=false

Did you set all of these to false?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes. Disabled them all.
Doesn't make a difference
Old 07-24-2006, 05:59 AM
Sage Icon

For me this happens in all versions of SageMC, not just 6.7. I just edited the ini files like I wanted them, and went from there (although it took several tries to get the edits to stick, I think the trick was to shut down sage service, edit, and restart the service)....
Old 07-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

But rather than fighting symptoms: what could cause this?
The animated menus work fine in DVD playback, main menu etc, but stutters and hang during music playback.

Surely, his can't be my system being low on resources or something?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

The animations appear to be using a timer that gets used for something else (play time count, I think) during music playback. I believe that the music playback sets the timer to fire at a 1 second interval, instead of whatever interval SageMC expects.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

But the music hasn't even started playing yet...
It's on that menu that I need to choose Play or Play from here or whatever.
There's no sound yet, nothing.
All it needs to do is show the menu and it doesn't unless I wiggle up/down on the remote..
Old 07-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, but I believe that that section of screens pre-allocates the timer in anticipation of using it.

If you are playing a song, and you select another song, the popup window will grow in one second steps, exactly when the playback counter changes.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
For me this happens in all versions of SageMC, not just 6.7. I just edited the ini files like I wanted them, and went from there (although it took several tries to get the edits to stick, I think the trick was to shut down sage service, edit, and restart the service)....
As for the Placeshifter exiting when bringing up the options menu: I tracked the error down, and to me it definetly looks like a bug in Placeshifter. It is caused by a specific Theme ('OptionsConfirmTheme') which (among other things) defines the graphics for the selection bars. The very same Theme works fine in other parts of the STV (e.g. OSD), but in the main menu and music screen it throws a FileNotFoundException and exits. And if I move the graphics definition from the theme to the button itself it works fine too.

I will report this issue to Sage, and wait what they have to say...

Dirk
Old 08-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Sage Expert

I have also noticed that if a tv recording is being played and you stop it and try to delete the recording it takes you back to the home screen and does not delete the recording. It only seems to do this under placeshifter, it seemed to work fine on the client.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Sage User

now i don't feel like I'm going crazy. I have the same problem. Anytime I hit ESC or hit the mouse buttons over the video portion of the screen, it just exits the program. I guess the answer is to go to the original theme then?

Any other solutions?

thanks,
Old 02-09-2007, 07:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangezero
now i don't feel like I'm going crazy. I have the same problem. Anytime I hit ESC or hit the mouse buttons over the video portion of the screen, it just exits the program. I guess the answer is to go to the original theme then?

Any other solutions?

thanks,
This has been fixed and should not happen any more. Which SageMC version are you running ?

Dirk
Old 02-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Sage User

thanks for the reply. I'm not quiet sure but its been at least six months since I loaded sageMC. I really hadn't used placeshifter much. Honestly, I find it tons easier to use the free program VLC than placeshifter, and even if i set it to no transcoding the video gets blocky. But still, I finally got it working again so I can at least use placeshifter to select shows to record, which my remotelyanywhere connection couldn't do (too lazy to walk to the basement).

I tried installing the new meekel last night and couldn't get it loaded on placeshifter. Not a bit deal, I'm just glad knowing its the theme and not the program.

I still have version 5 and see no reason to buy version 6 right now with as much as i use it. It looked like most of the new versions of sageMC were for version 6.

Whats the "best" version of sageMC that supports version 5 of sageTV?

thanks again.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Build 6.13a was the last version written for v5. That should be your best bet.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Sage User

thanks