SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Sage User

SageTV recordings random problem (bugger!)

Here is my problem. I recorded a program today, 5.5hrs worth (21+ gigs)
When i try and watch it.. its playing to fast. The time elasped instead of going up in seconds 1,2,3,4..... its going 5,11,16,21... every second is 5.5 or so.. and moving the timebar with mouse or remote ffw's doesnt help. I am left with a 1hr program... its like the timebar is moving as 5.5x but the video is playing normal..
Even loading this video up in windows media player it sees it as a 1hr program and any movement of the timebar causes wmp to crash.

heres the catch.. i just spent 3hrs running this file with evilpenguins dvd plugin (create single dvd) and after the initial transcode (stopped it before it converted it to dvd files , video_ts) i watched this file and the whole show is there! WTH! So i know the whole 5.5hrs of program is there.. but it just does not play right.

wow that was hard for me to explain.. any help please? maybe a program i can run it through to fix it

Latest version of SageTV, java 1.5.05 (oh and this has happened a couple times before.. randomly)
Old 07-23-2006, 10:54 PM
SageTVaholic

If you're using the newer drivers you may need to add some registry settings to prevent future recordings from getting corrupted. I had the same problem and adding them cured it.

There is a thread here discussing it. All I had to add was the ones for hauppauge, not the ones someone mentioned for Sage.

A program is discussed in the thread that can be used to fix recordings you already have that are corrupted.

Last edited by blade; 07-23-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Sage User

Ok I'll give this a shot.
Thanks for the heads up blade!
Old 07-24-2006, 03:27 AM
Sage User

Well, I'm using older drivers (2.0.35.23258 anything higher and im stuck in mono audio) than those recommended (2.0.43.24108) but I'm going to add these registry settings anyway and see if it helps. The thing is I have this problem very randomly, sometimes a couple weeks and many recordings without it happening. So it's going to be hard to tell if it worked for a while..

Oh and you never tried that other sagetv fix? or you never needed to because the hauppauge fix worked and you never got around to trying the other?

Thanks

BTW thanks! the videoredo program worked great for fixing my screwed up recording.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:02 AM
SageTVaholic

I should have been a little more clear. The only drivers I could get to work without the registry settings were like 2 years old. Anything newer gave me corrupted timelines. I'm using the same driver version you are so it's likely the same problem. Mine was a random recording every now and then as well.

All I needed was the Hauppauge fix. I never tried the Sage one.