SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Sage User

Verizon FIOS w/Motorola QIP2500-2

I just got Verizon FIOS TV and received two Motorola QIP2500-2 receivers that I need to setup for SageTV. Here are my optiosn as I see it, but I can't get any to work:

Option 1: Use USB-UIRTs
I have two USB-UIRTs that I tried using. I used lrnhelper to learn codes 0-9 and ENTER and put them into the attached .ir file. This doesn't seem to work well, since sometimes they'll change channels and sometimes they send random strings of numbers. One thing I noticed when using lrnhelper is that the remotes seem to send different codes at different times for the same keypress (sometimes it's a short string of numbers, other times a long string). I just kept repeating the learn process until I got the long string for each keypress and that's what I put in the .ir file. Still isn't reliable though. Also, how can I configure the each USB-UIRT to be assigned to a particular receiver? Whenever Sage sends codes it seems to send them out through both UIRTs simultaneously.

Option 2: Use direct USB/serial cable
They QIP2500-2 receivers have both USB and serials ports on the back. However I have no documentation on if they can be used for channel changes. Anyone try this and get it working?

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt MorotolaQIP2500-2.ir.txt (2.5 KB, 495 views)
Old 07-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Sage User

Another option

I saw somewhere in the forum that it's possible to use one USB-UIRT to control up to three receivers. How does this work? What do I need to buy? Please be explicit because I could not understand the previous posts on this topic at all. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Sage Icon

I'm using the exact setup you are probably looking for. Got to go to lunch, but I'll be back to explain how.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Sage Icon

I have Verizon FiOS, with two of the QIP2500 boxes. I have S-Video and RCA cables running to my PVR-500 (and adapter plate).

The USB-UIRT controls both boxes via IR blasters, such as these.

http://www.smarthome.com/8170.HTML

Then, on the back of the USB-UIRT, you'll need one of these to split the stereo plug, into two mono 1/8" jacks (one for each zone).

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

You tell Sage which zone to use by putting a Z1 or Z2 in front of the command, as seen in my two IR files that are attached.

Let me know if you have any problems. This has been working for 6-8 months now, with no problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IR_Files.zip (721 Bytes, 399 views)
Old 09-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Do you know if there is a way to capture from the verizon fios TV Motorola 6200's? I'd love to see someone figure out the firewire interface for SageTV. If firewire support is a pipe dream, then how about an HD component video capture card? My OTA HD looks so nice, I want more!

Geogecko - are you pleased with the quality of the verizon SD boxes? I'm considering leaving DirecTV with my D10's and switching to Verizon. Any thoughts?
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Sage Icon

I'm very impressed with the video from the SD STB's. It's SD, and coming over via S-Video, so that's about as good as it is going to get.

But, the picture is very clear for SD, much better than the analog Comcast cable we had before. We had several channels that we watched that had ghosting or lines through the picture. With Verizon digital, we haven't noticed any of that.

No idea about the 6200 boxes. Have you looked at the firewire thread? I assume so, since you mentioned it. Would be interesting to find out if anyone has done it.