SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-27-2006, 10:48 AM

recording show's I didn't set

Hi. I'm interested to know why SageTV is recording every kids show it can? I notice on upcoming recordings that it's got kids shows scheduled to record on various chanels...Many thanx
Old 07-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Administrator

You probably have Intelligent Recording enabled in Detailed Setup -> General. If not, then there may be some keyword or category favorite that is catching them.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:59 AM

Yes, that's it. I wonder why it's recording Childrens shows? I don't have any other show like the ones que'd up...I'll turn that option off for a while and see if it works better after setting up more recordings.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Administrator

If there is very little viewing history to go on, it will probably just pick just anything to record to see what you think of it. You could mark some of the unwanted shows as Don't Like & see what the schedule has later, or wait until you have a few weeks of SageTV usage before turning IR back on.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdog
Yes, that's it. I wonder why it's recording Childrens shows? I don't have any other show like the ones que'd up...I'll turn that option off for a while and see if it works better after setting up more recordings.
Have you ever recorded anything from say Disney, or maybe South Park, Simpsons, etc? When I first started using IR those types of things would trigger the symptom you're seeing. I guess it figured (in the case of South Park/Simpsons) "Hey, he likes animated stuff. Let's record everything animated!" and for something off Disney, Nick, etc it may have been labeled as a childrens program and that's how it got that.

At the risk of starting another IR Yeah/Neah war.... I use it and love it. It does take a bit of time to train, but once you have it trained it should do a decent job. UNLESS........ you watch LiveTV without being as fussy about that as you are about what you record, or you just leave LiveTV on in the background.
I NEVER watch LiveTV on my Sage System so after a bit of training IR does a fantastic job for me. Every once in a while if you record something new, say a new series, it may spaz out on you and tag a bunch of new stuff based on this new show, but another short round of training and it will get back to working well. Just mark the stuff you don't want it to record with IR and "Don't Like" and it will pull them off the list.

In many cases it's caught something on IR that I didn't know about and am glad it recorded.

Also, in one, or more of the STV/SVTi's there's a function where you can see what IR would have recorded even if you have IR turned off. Not sure which one offhand but I'm sure someone will pipe in with that info.

Last edited by waynedunham; 07-28-2006 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham
Also, in one, or more of the STV/SVTi's there's a function where you can see what IR would have recorded even if you have IR turned off. Not sure which one offhand but I'm sure someone will pipe in with that info.
Nielm's webserver allows to show IR suggestions, and the SageMC STV does this too ...

Dirk