SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Sage User

Occasional spochy colors on 37" LCD TV

So I just purchased a 37" LCD TV and using the RGB input vs. SVideo with an 1987 50" rear projection. Although it looks soooo much better (very crisp image) than the previous setup, I'm noticing that, in some cases, the colors seem a little splochy, especially the bright reds. If you have ever copied a magazine, you would proabably know what I mean; think of it as taking large and small dots and put them together with small spaces in-between. You really don't notice it too much sitting 9 feet away from the TV, but at 3 feet, you can see it. Could this be the quality of my ATI Radeon 9000 series with 64mb? Would purchasing a better video card solve my problem? If so, which card would be a good start. I know it sounds like I'm pushing for a new card, but I just want to make sure this is the issue before spending the time and money.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

To get ameaningful answer I think we'll need a bit more information...

What is the TV screen resolution?
What resolution are you feeding the TV?

Oh and big TVs arent designed to be watched from 3 feet away as at that distance you will start to see the pixels even on a big high resolution dislplay
Old 07-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Sage User

The TV max resolution is 1366x768 and the computer is feeding it 1360x768.