SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Sage Expert

DVICO FusionHDTV Dual

Does anyone know if this card works in the US? I shows DVB-T which if I am correct thats what we are using now in for digital channels. Maybe I am wrong but I thought thats what I read somewhere.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:36 AM
Sage Expert

No one at all knows this answer?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

I don't know anything about this card but I believe DVB-T is the standard for digital satelite in Europe and other parts of the world. Not used in the states.

Scott
Old 07-31-2006, 06:37 AM
Sage Icon

From the little I know, DVB-T is the european Terrestrial standard, which uses COFDM and not 8VSB. So it wont work here in the states. But if you lived in Europe, you could enjoy some COFDM goodness, along with not only MPEG-2 but H.264 streams!

I think that DVB-T Dual card is quite new, dont recall seeing it on DVICO's site last week. Maybe a Dual Fusion ATSC card is close? That would be great news indeed.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

I just got word that DVICO is releasing a ATSC Fusion Dual Digital in Q4 this year! I hope it will easily be supported in Sage!
Old 08-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
I just got word that DVICO is releasing a ATSC Fusion Dual Digital in Q4 this year! I hope it will easily be supported in Sage!
Good to hear. I just assumed that ATSC was just what we called it in NA and it really was DVB-T. But I'm sure I will actually be buying a premad Vista box at that time jsut to get CableCARD so we'll see. I just am out of PCI slots and I want a 2nd HD tuner and I don't want USB. But I may just go ahead and drop out my sound card and use the onboard sound.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:01 AM
Sage Icon

You could always put another Fusion card in a different PC and run HDNE to make it a network encoder, provided you have another PC able to run like that. Thats what I am doing on my new server (Dell E310) that only has 2 PCI and 1 PCI-e slot. Going to put a fusion in my HTPC client and run HDNE.