SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-30-2006, 03:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

MCE Remote Control - Directional Keys and the OK Button Stop Working

Hi,

I'm experiencing some weired behavior with my MCE Remote Control.

When I'm playing back imported videos the directional and the OK button do not work anymore. If I then connect remotely via UltraVNC and click once into the screen they start working again. I have this problem with the default SageTV.xml and flachbar's SageMC.xml

This is what I do ->

Sage.xml

- Playback an AVI
- Bring up the OSD with the OK button of the MCE Remote and select 'Stop Playback'
- Start playback again and the directional keys and the OK button stop working

SageMC.xml

- Playback an AVI
- Press the yellow button of the MCE Remote to bring up the aspect ratio menu
- Directional keys and the OK button stop working

All the other buttons seem to work fine. (Back, EPG, Info etc.)

Any ideas?
Old 08-04-2006, 05:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Anyone?
Old 08-04-2006, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like a focus issue. You're losing focus of the OSD when it comes up. Are you using any other software withe the remote? Is anything else running while you're running Sage?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Sounds like a focus issue. You're losing focus of the OSD when it comes up. Are you using any other software withe the remote? Is anything else running while you're running Sage?

Gerry
The system dedicted to SageTV. No mouse or keyboard attached. There are a of couple background task running e.g. UltraVNC but no other Applikations. I use the MS driver for the remote.

I agree I seems to be a focus problem. The strange thing is that only the OK button and the directional keys seem to be affected.
I can for example still use the green button to get back to the main button but I won't be able to move the selection bar. The other strange thing is that it only happen when I am playing back stuff from within the media center. When I am playing back a recording everything works just fine.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

I would suggest double checking in Detail Setup and make sure you have chosen the MCE Remote as your remote and then go into Commands and make sure by trying to learn the keys that it actually sees them and try the OSD again. Do you have MS Powertoys or TwakUI installed with one of the options of keeping active app in focus or something like that?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
I would suggest double checking in Detail Setup and make sure you have chosen the MCE Remote as your remote and then go into Commands and make sure by trying to learn the keys that it actually sees them and try the OSD again. Do you have MS Powertoys or TwakUI installed with one of the options of keeping active app in focus or something like that?

Gerry
Hi,

I have TeakUI installed. I disabled "Prevent applications from stealing focus" and now everything is fine.

Thanks for the help!