SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone have a simple slideshow mod/app?

I am looking for a very simple solution:

I stick a photo memory stick in, and a slideshow occurs going through each one. When I pull the stick, the slideshow goes away.

???

Wow, am I just crazy in wanting something like this? Why can I not find something that does this? Agh! LOL
Old 09-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Sage User

Does anyone have a solution like this working yet ?
Old 09-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

I still have yet to find something as elegant. I found a couple over-featurized-heavy slideshow applications that require you to setup the slideshow, and all sorts of nonsense... but I have yet to find something so "HTCP Friendly" (and thus "family friendly") like I originally am looking for
Old 09-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Sage Icon

Do you have the new drive detected popup enabled? If so does this not do what you want?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

No, I dont, and no, it doesnt unfortunately.

With that auto-play turned on for an htpc... any DVD these days you put in to watch a movie, runs some BS installer application, or launches some "PC MEDIA" garbage that then interferes with the seemless home theater experience.

I had tried to just get autoplay to do something with media sticks only, however the way microsoft wrote that craptacular software, it also launches those installers on dvds (go figure huh?). So either I have to fully turn off autoplay (with xp tweak tool, cant even do it properly from within window's own control panel), or I turn it on and deal with headaches from every dvd I put in to play.

Even when I turned on auto-play, it wouldnt do a slideshow of a media stick. It gave some dialog box "what do you want to do?" and clicking apps in it would launch those, break sagetv, cause havok, be completely and utterly negative WAF, and horrible for an HTPC in the living room.

If only I knew programming on windows XP ... hmm... surely c++ is c++ on any machine... just gotta figure out the BS windows BS lol.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

CollinR is talking about that option in Sage, not Windows. In Sage if you have this enabled a window pops up and asks if you want to copy or play media off that drive. Then a Sage file browser window opens and lets you pick the media you want to copy or play. This should allow you to play a slideshow of photos thru Sage I would think.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
CollinR is talking about that option in Sage, not Windows. In Sage if you have this enabled a window pops up and asks if you want to copy or play media off that drive. Then a Sage file browser window opens and lets you pick the media you want to copy or play. This should allow you to play a slideshow of photos thru Sage I would think.

Gerry

Correct, not autoplay in the OS. Mine seems to work this way however I never use it like that, as I understand it even pops to MVP clients.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Oh. No, the reason I had asked for a third party program, was the one in sage was fluky. It would latch onto images no longer present and try to slideshow those from a prior stick. Or I would have to go through many windows of options to 'load in' the stick images, and then it was still difficult to slideshow the next stick or not.

I found it to be very difficult to use, and well, got put off by the media library thing in sagetv because of it. I only use it now for videos that were imported. Even that has its issues too
Old 09-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Edit:
But I guess I havnt tried since sagetv 6 was installed... this was back in v5 I had and found it horrible. Since I never found an alternative, I basically gave up completely on caring about slideshowing a family members digicam they brought with them. heh.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Gerry
Does this work on SageMC?
Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
Does this work on SageMC?
It should. But you may need to choose in SageMC the hardware setup button so the default STV is loaded and then make sure that option is enabled. I'm at work and can't remember if that option is actually available in the SageMC Detailed setup. The load SageMC back up and you should get this behavior. (I think it's a core behavior but can't swear to it.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:22 AM
Sage User

After browsing the forum, a feature like this, still dowsn't seem to exist ?

Am I really the only one wishing for this kind of thing.. ?
Old 09-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Sage Expert

Actually I believe everybody wishing that the standard behavior of slideshow, photo and music management is much better than what it is. Just see the 7.0 wishlist. Currently it is bearable since it beats having nothing, but I bet any improvement to what Sage currently has would be night and day.