SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Sage User

Imported Video's - Wrong Language

I am really starting to feel like an idiot. I have ripped some of my movies and when I watch them via Sage they play in the wrong language. In my VLC player I can change the language but I can't figure out how to do it in Sage. Also, does anyone know of a good, easy to use DVD ripper? I have used DVD Encoder but it seems fairly complicated and I can't figure out how to rip without keeping the other languages.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi Justin,

I use CloneDVD2 from Slysoft .

VERY VERY easy to use.

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 08-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Sage User

If you think that weird, I ripped my movies with only the English audio tracks. But in STV they play in Japanese! They play in English in other apps but not in STV.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

With the standard STV you should be able to change the language when playing a DVD from the options menu (CTRL+O or what ever remote key you have defined)

I've not worked out how to do this when playing DivX files with multipel languages yet.