SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Feature request: Transfer to Mp3 Player

I was just thinking today after playing my MP3's in SageTV (SageMC). I just transferred hundreds of Music files over to my SageTV box. It would be nice to be able to plug in an MP3 player into the USB port and copy my music over to the player right in SageMC.

I currently use Anopod (http://www.redchairsoftware.com) to copy music over to my Ipod. I hate Itunes on windows. This is an easy copy over to your Ipod software that is nothing fancy. Makes an Ipod directory in windows explorer.

This would be sooooo nice if it would work in SageMC/TV. I would even consider ditching my Ipod Shuffle for a regular Mp3 player if a developer could not get it working with an Ipod.

Anybody? Wish I could do it but I am not a programmer/geek. <grin>
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 08-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Administrator

I know you said SageMC, but...

I don't know if this part was included in SageMC, but the deault STV already has an option to Browse Media Files, with a choice for Copy Media from the Library. A similar pop-up can appear when SageTV detects that a new USB device has been plugged in & a new drive letter was created because of it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.