SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-05-2006, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Weird Playback Problem

I'm not sure anyone has experienced this. I just upgraded my video card from a Radeon 9250 SE to a GeForce 6200. The problem I'm having seems to do with the deinterlacing only when using the Cyberlink decoder from PowerDVD 5. I've tried the built-in SageTV decoder and don't see the problem but it seems to decode the video to half the resolution of the video. I've tried the Hauppauge decoder but the quality just isn't as good as the Cyberlink decoder.

The problem manifests itself when I fastforward the video the deinterlacer seems to mess up and the picture on the screen flickers. It seems to fix the problem to pause and unpause the video. This is running in Overlay mode not in 3D. It also seems to fix the problem to put it into 3D/VMR9 mode. Which performs a whole lot better on the 6200 than it did on the 9250.

I'm curious as to why this is happening? I seem to have corrected the problem by putting it in 3D mode but it just seems odd.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

No idea, but you might want to try the Nvidia decoders to take advantage of the all the "PureVideo" features of your 6200.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, I had to spend a little money but it looks like I solved the problem by upgrading to PowerDVD 7. I did get more than that for my money though. I've noticed that the video is quite a bit sharper using the PDVD 7 decoder. So, it's a win both ways.