SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Sage Expert

Post Artec T14A mini USB ATSC OTA Tuner

3 questions:
1. Has anyone gotten it to work with Sage?
2. How well did it work?
3. Have you gotten 2 (or more) to work?

Cheers!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagar
3 questions:
1. Has anyone gotten it to work with Sage?
2. How well did it work?
3. Have you gotten 2 (or more) to work?

Cheers!
1. Yes, I am presently using the Artec T14A with Sage TV version 5.

2. It works well. I am able to record over the air HD content without any problems.

3. I am only using one Artec T14a with my system for HD recording. I am also using a Hauppauge WinTV USB2 PVR and and Adaptec GameBridge to record analog feeds.

The antenna that ships with the unit works well receiving HD channels located on the UHF band. I live approximately 22 miles from the TV towers in downtown Chicago. Using the supplied antenna, I am able to receive local NBC, ABC, FOX, WTTW, and WPWR digital feeds clearly. Since the supplied antenna is UHF only, I am unable to receive my local CBS feed because that feed is transmitted over VHF.

I purchased an amplified indoor vhf/uhf antenna in order to receive all channels in the Chicago area. Unfortunately, the Artec tuner isn't sensitive enough to receive my local VHF/CBS signal consistently. I know it's the Artec T14A that is having problems bringing in CBS because when I hook up the indoor antenna to my TV (Olevia 532H) tuner, I am able to receive the VHF/CBS digital signal without any problems.

This tuner has worked out well for me and for the price I paid ($40 on sale) at zipzoomfly.com, I am able to record my local HD channels without any problems.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Sage Expert

Cool thanks for digging up my post and letting us know
Old 01-05-2007, 06:31 PM

I also recently got a T14A, not even knowing whether or not it would work with SageTV 5. I'm glad to say that it's working great for me! The antenna it comes with is okay, but I have trouble picking up a local VHF station. In addition it looks kinda weird (there are 2 little pictures on the front/back) but it's compact and fits nicely. I may go back to my old HDTV antenna (Silver Sensor) though (it can fit the standard antenna/cable connectors). At $59 from ZipZoomFly or PCAlchemy it's a great bargain especially considering it's a USB tuner!
Old 01-06-2007, 10:49 PM

Yeah, I was looking for something to record with the Artec as the bundled software is REALLY bad.

I just installed SageTV 6 and it works real well.

Of course we know the Artec isn't the greatest tuner in the world. I can only imagine how nice Sage would be with a real PCI tuner card.

That said, for $30, I'm not complaining. The Artec is a bargain.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Sage User

It looks like zipzoomfly.com has the Artec T14A on sale ($49.99) with free shipping.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Has anybody tried this tuner with a Windows Vista x32 setup? I've had issues with the drivers. The driver as I have it installed identifies itself as version 1.1.1.5 from 1/25/2007. I've tried installing 1.1.2.2 from 3/2/2007, but I keep getting the old driver back in the system, anyway. Does someone know of a trick to get the driver to update, or is the driver version just reading incorrectly?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblinckmann View Post
Has anybody tried this tuner with a Windows Vista x32 setup? I've had issues with the drivers. The driver as I have it installed identifies itself as version 1.1.1.5 from 1/25/2007. I've tried installing 1.1.2.2 from 3/2/2007, but I keep getting the old driver back in the system, anyway. Does someone know of a trick to get the driver to update, or is the driver version just reading incorrectly?
If you can't find help here, you might be able to find an answer to your question at avsforum.com. Here's a link to the Artec T14 discussion.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&page=10&pp=30

Last edited by Dukenightvision; 07-06-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. I went over to AVS Forum and I did make some progress. Artec tech support just keeps telling me to update the driver. The only problem is that's what I'm trying to do! The root cause of the old drive is what Artec has on their website. It's the older version (if the version numbers on their website are accurate).

The link that they have is this:
http://207.210.85.226/~artectv/drive...ckageXPx32.exe

Is anyone using a newer driver? I've tried browsing the website's filesystem, but I've not run across anything yet.