SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:14 AM

Question DVD Customization Question

Good afternoon everyone! I am looking for some advice as to how I setup up my DVD collection interfacing with SageTV. I am currently running SageTV MC and I have my DVD's backed up on another machine that I have mapped to my SageTV machine. How do I import and then be able to play from my DVD collection into SageTV MC? I would like for my DVD library to be always accessible from my menu and then select a movie to play and Sage plays it. Any advice on what I need to add to Sage to make this poosible? I thank you in advance for all of your comments!

Last edited by r3juilla; 08-08-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Sage Expert

I have mine stored as DIVX files and have them imported into the "My Video" section of SageMC using IMDB for the DVD information. I have tried them as VOB files, but I use placeshifter, and they don't seem to work with it...
Old 08-08-2006, 03:31 PM

Arrow Any more thoughts?

Thanks jphipps for your advice. I was planning on storing them as VOB's but if you say they don't work so well with placeshifter, I might have to rethink my file type. Anyone else have advice they would share?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:44 PM

Question

Anyone else have thoughts to add?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Not sure what you're looking for exactly, but I just added the directory they're in as a Library Import Directory and they show up in the Imported Videos (My Videos in SageMC??).

If you want metadata, easiest way is to just point SageMC to your DVD Profiler XML export, just make sure the filenames are an exact match (minus illegal filename characters) to the DVD Profiler name.