SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Sage User

Verizon Fios - EPG

I just got FIOS TV from Verizon. I've got the Motorola STB (Digital, non-HD).

I'm in Arlington VA but during setup the best EPG choice was Herdon. On the channel setup it looked to be the same, but when I go to the Program Guide, I don't see all the channels.

To be very specific, my wife "needs" me to record "Rescue Me" on FX on Tue nite (FIOS channel 53), and that's one of the channels not showing up in the Program Guide. Although it shows up in the Choose Channels during the Video Setup, the Program Guide jumps from channel 50 to 60.

So my question is, how can I fix it? I can manually tune to that channel, but because it's not in the Program Guide I can't even set a manual record, channel 53 isnt' an option.

I'm hoping that this is just a bad first download of the EPG, but also wanted to see if anyone else experienced this or perhaps has a solution.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Do you have a second lineup for another tuner? If so, since you say FX on 53 is in the FIOS channel lineup (it is marked w/a green dot to show it as enabled, right?), but not in the program guide, that should mean that FX is listed in the Program Guide under the channel number it uses on your other lineup. It would still be recordable by SageTV on both tuners even though they are combined in the guide.

If you don't have a 2nd lineup, then I'm not sure why it would be shown in Channel Setup, but not in the Program Guide screen... unless it wasn't enabled on Channel Setup.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Sage User

I do have FX marked w/a green dot, but I only have one turner card on my system. Plus, I deleted and re-entered the video source when I changed from Comcast to FIOS.

Should I re-install Sage (really the only thing I can think of at this point), or can I check for "old" video sources on my system and delete them?

I'm kind of out of ideas myself.

Again, thanks.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Administrator

So, FX isn't listed in the Program Guide under a different channel number? Maybe there is some issue if the old tuners were taken out of the system w/o the sources beign removed in SageTV first. It should have removed any old lineups/channels when they were no longer used.

Before reinstalling SageTV, I would simply get rid of sage.properties & its autobackup (save a copy somewhere else first, though), and then start SageTV & reconfigure. If that doesn't do anything, I would contact tech support in case there is something they would like to know about why an enabled channel is not visible in the Guide.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Sage User

OK, got the problem fixed. After I rebuilt the sage.properties, of course, and found that wasn't the problem.

Like you suggested, there WAS another FX (and TNT, USA, etc.) but in a tier that FIOS calls "La Conexion", e.g. Spanish language channels. Once I deleted these from the channel setup menu, the English channels showed up in the program guide. So problem is now solved.

But here's a question for down the road. I can see myself subscribing to "La Conexion" package in the future. How can Sage distinguish between FX1 (English) and FX2 (Spanish) when they both have the same "name" in the program guide?

As always, thanks for the help.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Those other channels have the same name, but they actually air different things? I'm not entirely sure if channels are combined solely based on the network name or not, but you should contact SageTV tech support about something like that (or file a bug report) to let them know that channels that should be different are getting combined in the Program Guide listings.

- Andy
Old 09-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Sage User

Where do I post a bug report?
Old 09-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Sage

http://www.sagetv.com/bugs.html