SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Sage User

Exclamation Problem seeing recordings...

Out of the blue, for no reason my SageTV isn't showing all my recorded shows. I looked in the directories and the recordings are there so it's not that they were deleted or that the disks are corrupt. When i go into the "SageTV Recordings" it displays a Message saying :

"There are no SageTV Recordings to Display. If you believe there are recordings that should be listed, please use the options command to check the display filter setting."

Can anyone tell me what went wrong? Locally my service provider changed so i had to update through the new service provider(time warner cable bought out adelphia). This seemed to start after i did this change. Can anyone help?!
Old 08-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Administrator

You checked the filter, right?

Was wiz.bin corrupted, deleted, old version copied over it, etc.? Was there any sort of system crash that might have taken wiz.bin with it? Any other SageTV changes that were done recently?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Sage User

Sorry i forgot to mention, i did not do the option selection. I don't know what it means. Where do i go to mess with the display filter? Where is wiz.bin? In the SageTV directory? I just got to work so i can check everything when i get back home. How would i be able to tell if it's corrupt of not?
Old 08-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Administrator

It means: use the Options command while on that screen & check the Display Filter setting in the pop-up options menu. It should say "All".

Wiz.bin is tha data file in the SageTV directory that stores all the recording info. If it was corrupt, there may be a recent .corrupt version of the file.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Sage User

excuse my ignorance but how do you pull up the options menu? And if, when i get home, the wiz.bin file is corrupt what is there that i can do to fix it?
Old 08-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Use the Options command -- Escape, Ctrl+O, Right mouse click, yellow Hauppauge button, or whatever button/keystroke you might have assigned to that command.

If wiz.bin is corrupt, you would have to have a backup copy to replace it, or else SageTV will just start over with a new one. I don't even know that is what the problem is, but it is a possibility... did you reinstall SageTV, or do anything else with the previous installation?

- Andy
Old 08-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Sage User

I re-installed SageTV a couple months ago. I'll try the option route when i get home and i'll also check and see if the wiz.bin is corrupt. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Also: if the files aren't seen as recordings, they should be in the video library, where you can at least watch them.

- Andy
Old 08-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Sage User

Alright then, sweet. I'll post up my progress when i get home.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Sage User

The wiz.bin is corrupt. What steps should i take to get another one?
Old 08-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Administrator

SageTV has already started a new one; there's nothing that you _have_ to do.

But, using a new wiz.bin, there is no way to get the old recordings to be listed as recordings w/full details about the shows. Corrupt wiz.bin files should be quite rare, but making periodic backups is a good idea, as with any important data file. Restoring to a backup version is really the only way to get your old data back.

You may also want to run the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostics on your hard drive to make sure there aren't any errors showing up that caused the corruption. I'm not saying this is what caused it, but it wouldn't hurt to double check.

- Andy
Old 08-19-2006, 02:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

For my backups, I use a freeware program called "Karen's Replicator". It's a great program that I use to replicate other things like My Documents on my main computer to 3 other drives for redundancy. I use it to backup stuff like wiz.bin, sage properties, etc... I'm a freak about backups. Not only do I have all my important stuff on 3 external USB hard drives, I also burn DVDs once per month and store a few off site.

The program "Karen's Replicator" is quite configurable, and she also has other great free programs on her site.

Check it out at http://www.karenware.com - most of her stuff requires the VB runtimes.

Here is the direct link to the replicator if you want to skip her other tools:

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp

Highly recommended, just like Sage!

Steve

Last edited by Steve2112; 08-19-2006 at 02:29 AM.