SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Sage User

Video Card - Capture card question

Thanks in advance for the help. My head is going to explode soon if I don't get this figured out.

Assuming I am going to use Sage what cards do I need ?

Standard tv - Video card ? Haupage Wintv card ?

Hidef - Video Card ? Wintv Card ? and Hd card ? I realize the support for hidef is coming soon.

Basically, do I need a video card and a wintv card for standard tv (satellite) and then in the future a hidef card ? 3 cards ? Full house ?

Please help.

Succorso
Old 10-09-2003, 03:23 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

That could be ugly *visualizes someone's head exploding* so let's see if we can help..

1. You'll need a compatible TV Tuner/MPEG-2 Encoding card or USB Device. A list of the compatible cards/devices is at http://www.sage.tv/requirements.html

The consensus card of our users is the PVR-250 from Hauppauge and it's the card we bundle our software with through our Online Store. We do also offer a bundle with Hauppauge's latest PVR-usb2 device.

2. HD card, I can't say because we don't officially support any cards yet. A number of our customers have been able to get SageTV to work with the HiPix and AccessDTV cards through a patch we released on the forum somewhere.

3. Graphics card - depends on the display you will be connecting your PC to. Most people get by with a $50 Nvidia card with a TV-out. But it depends on if you need DVI or component connections as well.

Can you elaborate on what you will connecting to?
Old 10-10-2003, 05:44 AM
Sage User

It will be connected to a Mitsu wide screen using component inputs.

I really appreciate your help and look forward to bugging you some more when I you get the haupage cards in stock and I get this built

Succorso
Old 10-10-2003, 06:02 AM

You may want to look at an ATI then video output since it supports many custom resolutions and overscan.