SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Getting odd error when downloading program guide data

No matter what tuner card I try to selet the type of "Program data guide provider" (I choose "Local Broadcast- over the air) I get the error "There was an error connecting to the SageTV server. Please be sure your internet connection is established". I know my internet works fine, because I using it now on this system to post this. Any idea what's is acausing this.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Make sure the required ports are open in your firewall for SageTV and/or the SageTV service.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

What's funny it worked last night and I'm not using a Firewall.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Sage User

Sage TV Server Error/Down

Trying to setup my vide source, local broadcast over the air and I keep getting "There was an error connecting to the Sage TV server, verify your internet connection. I am currently on the same box and can surf the web as well...Is the Sage TV Server in fact down?

Thanks
Old 08-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Sage User

I have the same problem

Help. I am using a netgear router which may be the problem...?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Are you having the same problem?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation

Just noticed my program guide was gone! I tried forcing a refresh with no luck.. so I removed all my video sources and am trying to re-add them.. but each time I get to the 'zip code' area of the configuration I get an error stating..

"There was an error connecting to the SageTV Server. Please be sure your Internet connection is established and that you have entered the correct Zip/Postal Code."

I get this no matter what Zip I use..

My Internet connection is working fine.. no firewalls...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdefino
Are you having the same problem?
I am having the same problem!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Administrator

I just tested setting up a new source & like all of you, there is no response from the EPG server. I've let someone know who can look into it.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to hechacker1
ditto, just did a fresh windows xp install and was trying to install sage. WHen I got to the zip code part it tells me it cannot contact the SageTV Server.

I haven't had this problem before, no internet connection changes since last time.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Sage Icon

I have data for most channels through 8/29 PM on 1 service and 8/27 PM on the other. Just did a forced refresh through the web interface and all seems well.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Administrator

It is probably working again -- my test setup went through just now.

- Andy
Old 08-17-2006, 04:49 AM
Sage Fanatic

Mines working too.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Sage Fanatic

I'm not getting the error about connecting to the SageTV server anymore.. but I am not getting a full EPG list from Time Warner.. Some channels say "No Data" others are simply blank.. I've tried removing a source and adding it back in.. I've tried disabling then enabling all channels.. I've done a channel scan... nothing seems to help.. I've tried to force an EPG update via the webserver plugin..

Any other ideas??

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
I'm not getting the error about connecting to the SageTV server anymore.. but I am not getting a full EPG list from Time Warner.. Some channels say "No Data" others are simply blank.. I've tried removing a source and adding it back in.. I've tried disabling then enabling all channels.. I've done a channel scan... nothing seems to help.. I've tried to force an EPG update via the webserver plugin..

Any other ideas??

Thanks!
same here, i have also tried forcing the EPG to update, but all I have are a few channels with no data.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Sage

Try removing all the properties from the properties file that have the string 'server_update_id' in them (do it while SageTV is not running). That should resolve the issue.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Try removing all the properties from the properties file that have the string 'server_update_id' in them (do it while SageTV is not running). That should resolve the issue.
I had that string in one place.. it was listed as..

epg_data_sources/2129615/server_update_id=

I removed that line altogether and restarted SageTV..

I don't see any immediate difference.. I've forced the EPG refresh again using the server...

Anything else I need to do beyond removing that line to get Sage back to speed?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
I deleted the 'server_update_id" string and no EPG update. I just tried redoing the EPG Setup Wizard and I got the server error again.

I think the Server is br0ked.

EDIT: a minute later the server works again. Still, I dont think the problem is on my end. The EPG isnt updating again after adding my Cable provider.

Last edited by hechacker1; 08-17-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hechacker1
I deleted the 'server_update_id" string and no EPG update. I just tried redoing the EPG Setup Wizard and I got the server error again.

I think the Server is br0ked.

EDIT: a minute later the server works again. Still, I dont think the problem is on my end. The EPG isnt updating again after adding my Cable provider.
I think Narflex was onto something though.. that string was empty on my system after the '='.. after removing it and restarting sage it now shows..
'=10161,1155733800;10150,1155733800;10139,1155733800;10162,1155733800;10145,1155733800;10269,1155733800;10142,1155733800;10179,1155733800;'

I still am missing a bunch of channels though! On the webserver plugin I also noticed it says 'Next EPG Update In: 0.00hrs'.. and it never changes, even after I force a refresh!

I'll try a reboot.. just in case
Old 08-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Got a response from Sage Support.. they suggested the following.. which produced the same problem I had before trying it.. Odd that I am still getting SOME data, just not ALL of it.. could it have to do with Adelphia being converted to Time-Warner?? I don't think the channel lineup has changed yet...

Here is the suggestion I received from Sage.. again, this didn't make any difference in what I am seeing...

-----------------------------------------------------

Close down SageTV and the service and open up your Sage.properties file. Try removing all the properties from the that file that have the string
'server_update_id' in them . Now run SageTV again.

If that doesn't work try removing all your sources and then create a new
source, but choose a different provider. Let that update and now go back and
remove that source and choose your original source.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Sage User

perhaps this is a regional thing?

my provider is time warner cable, san diego

anyways, will try the suggestion because I still haven't had an EPG update.

EDIT: I can't get another provider's list to download, it seems the EPG server is not working. It just hangs on the

Last edited by hechacker1; 08-17-2006 at 01:00 PM.