SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

I gave up.. missed too many recordings! Something is wrong, and I bet it is a time warner issue..

FYI.. I just installed the following EPG plugin for SageTV.. worked perfectly.. first shot!

http://www.digicasa.com/prod_sagetv_plugin.htm

Give it a whirl.. it may be worth using, at least until the Sage EPG thing gets sorted out.

<EDIT> For what it is worth.. just got another reply from SageTV Support, I'm sure they'll have it sorted out soon.. stating:

"We are looking into the situation here as we speak. This is our top priority
right now."
Old 08-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Just a quick update: SageTV knows about the issue & is continuing to work on it. The EPG server should be working, but from what I understand, all the affected systems out there are calling in to update their EPG data, so it may take a little while to get all those requests answered & get everything back to normal. Hopefully that will get cleared up overnight.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Just a quick update: SageTV knows about the issue & is continuing to work on it. The EPG server should be working, but from what I understand, all the affected systems out there are calling in to update their EPG data, so it may take a little while to get all those requests answered & get everything back to normal. Hopefully that will get cleared up overnight.

- Andy
Working again for me now!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Sage Icon

Is the EPG server down?

For the last couple of days, I am getting "Next EPG update in 0 minutes".

In the past, the as been an indicator that the machine could not get any EPG data from the server.

Is there a problem?

In fact, I used neilm's web server to force an update and it never even showed up that it tried.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

Yup, there have been issues with the EPG server. It should be working now. My system just updated about 4 hours ago.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19483
Old 08-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have no guide data for the last couple of days. EPG was last updated early this morning at 3:56 AM but still no guide data.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Sage Icon

Oh my god, the "There was an error connecting to the SageTV server. Please be sure your internet connection is established".EPG server bug just bit me in the butt.

This thread went unnotice to me until now.

Last edited by Fluffdaddy; 08-21-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Sage User

Same thing here. get that error connecting to SageTV server message. Must be some ongoing issue I assume? My guide is showing 'No Data' for all channels. Anyone else having issues ... the flakiness of EPG downloads is the one near fatal flaw that I have seen in Sage ....
Old 08-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Aaaaak. Updated again last night at 3:56 AM and still no guide data.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Sage Icon

Just checked mine for Charter in Alabama and I have data through 6pm on 9/3. Server has been offline here since last week so it had to have d/l'ed EPG datajust now.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdude90210
Aaaaak. Updated again last night at 3:56 AM and still no guide data.
As far as I know, the EPG has been running fine now for the last few days. Did you try this suggestion from above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Try removing all the properties from the properties file that have the string 'server_update_id' in them (do it while SageTV is not running). That should resolve the issue.
Or, try changing the lienup for a source, then change it back to what it should be. (Also mentioned somewhere above.)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Sage User

i have tried those things. I had a trial of Sage working until it expired a few days ago, unforetunately I did not get a chance to use it enough and support said that reinstalling windows was the only way to use Sage again on the same machine . I reformatted and installed XP and installed sage a couple of days ago. I have not been able to complete the wizard to add a tuner ... i get as far as entering in a zipcode and get the message "There was an error connecting to the SageTV server. Please be sure your internet connection is established". This of course means that the tuner is not added. It has been doing this for 2 days now! On the previous install of Sage, I had the same problem for a couple of days before it started to work, so its not a problem with firewall setups or anything (XP firewall is off anyway, router firewall has not changed). I am really stumped. Day 15 is approaching fast ...
Old 08-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Administrator

The only thing I can suggest is to talk to support again, since the EPG server seems to be working. I don't know why its connection would fail if the EPG server is working and you have no firewall. Maybe turning on debug logging would help provide extra info on any errors.

When you reinstalled, you didn't restore your old properties file, did you? If so, get rid of it & any autobackup versions.

- Andy
Old 08-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
As far as I know, the EPG has been running fine now for the last few days. Did you try this suggestion from above:

Or, try changing the lienup for a source, then change it back to what it should be. (Also mentioned somewhere above.)

- Andy
I just did both, got it working now. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Sage User

the EPG stuff all works again, it downloaded last nite, I did have to remove and re-add the tuner. Strange, but at least it is up now. On with the trial...

Edit: Would a change in channel lineups be a cause for problems? My cable provider added a few (12 or so) new channels in the last day or two. I wonder if that would mess up an EPG? The prob I was having (with the old install, just prior to the reformat and reinstall) was that the guide would say "no data" on every channel.

Last edited by zuzzu; 08-23-2006 at 12:05 PM.