SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Error (-20): There is no MediaPlayer that can playback....

Error (-20): There is no Media Player that can playback the selected file while it's being recorded

-----------------

This is the error I get when I try to watch live TV. Quite a while ago I updated to V5 (I think its V5) yup V5.0.1.89

Now a little history first. I had problems with mpeg1 and not being able to make menu's so I upgraded. thankfully it seems V5 100% repaired the mpoeg1 issue never had a problem since converting to DVD :-) yippee

to do this I did a clean slate run on the machine. Formatted fresh install of windows and updates etc.. fresh install of everything from scratch including sage etc.. (I only restored my programming history the big file can't recall the name wiz.bin or something like that)

Anyway live tv viewing has never worked since I installed V5 from scratch but since I almost never use this functionality it was not relevant to me so I ignored it. (I watch the recorded mpg's on portables etc.. almost never at home)

Anyway this week comcast has been nasty lots of issues and not a bad underground wire that I had to bypass but now I am missing shows. it records static. the channel selection seems random.

So I want to diagnose this by checking each tuner. watch live tv which should be tuner 1. then record one show and live tv again which should be tuner 2 since tuner 1 is not occupied etc.. till I test all 4 - I thought I could just record 4 of the same show same channel on all 4 tuners but I can not figure out how to make sage do that :-)

I can't test the tuners unless I can watch live TV hence why its now an issue with this error :-) hehehe

Hoping someone can help or has had and fixed this or can point me in the right direction toward fixing it!

Recorded shows record fine (before this current cable line issue) and sage will playback an already recorded program just fine as well (I just tested that since I never tried that either :-) I don't even have a regular TV to plug in to see if its just a bad cable :-)

Thanks! Any help is greatly appreciated. Since V5 sage has been almost 100% trouble free - I am very happy with it.

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
Old 08-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I solved the problem. I have a bad tuner it seems (once I got live tv working I was able to see this)

It seems when sage programmers wrote V5 they literally disabled live tv all together when in VCD mode (boo) hopefully they can turn this back on in future versions since watching live tv works fine in mpeg1 mode as long as you don't try to move around in the timeshifting mode. :-)

So if you get an error -20 your likely in mpeg1 mode. set your default to some other than mopeg1 mode and just manually set your desired recording in mpeg1 mode.

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/