SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Why...... can I not think of a title for this

Why is it that every hour and half-hour my TV pauses for 2 seconds and then jumps forward 2 seconds to catch up causing me to miss what someone is saying during that brief period? Can I fix this?
Old 08-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

craigap,

I think you need to specify some more information about your setup. Maybe some details about your system and an example situation where you see this (i.e. watching live tv continuously on a channel).

Besides that, what it sounds like to me is that you're watching live tv and it's going from one live tv show to the next live tv show. I think sage is closing the first recording and starting a new recording. Of course, that's just a guess on my part.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Probably it's starting a new recording when the show changes.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think your right. I decided to adjust my PC's Clock ahead one minute, so that it doesn't happen right at the beginning of every show.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

When I used MCE, I don't remember this happening as dramitcally as it does in SAGE. yet, MCE was able to give me file by file recordings also.

Anyone from Sage care to explain why it is much more obvious using the same USB tuner as I was using in MCE.

if I am missing something obvious, I apologize in advance

Thank you
Old 08-21-2006, 05:30 PM
SageTVaholic

I thought MCE used a buffer.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

It very well may have. I know i still had individual files for each recording. So, perhaps it wrote to the buffer first and then to a file for each respective recording.

Does that sound possbile?
Old 08-21-2006, 06:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOSG
I know i still had individual files for each recording.
Each recording or each "live" show? Because most DVRs, in fact all I'm aware of other than Sage, use a circular buffer for live TV. Often usually it's about 30 minutes, and is flushed when you change channels. I thought I remembered some comment about a hack to increase the MCE buffer from 30 min to 2 hrs.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Each recording or each "live" show? Because most DVRs, in fact all I'm aware of other than Sage, use a circular buffer for live TV. Often usually it's about 30 minutes, and is flushed when you change channels. I thought I remembered some comment about a hack to increase the MCE buffer from 30 min to 2 hrs.
Good point. It probably was each recording. Whereas the the live used the buffer.

But, what about when I would press record while watching a live show, and it would be able to save what I had already watched to the individual recorded file for that single recording.

There must be some way to have individual files for each recording, but also have a buffer to ease transition between seperate recordings. I'll add it to my list right after wireless power;-)

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts/clarify some things for me.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOSG
But, what about when I would press record while watching a live show, and it would be able to save what I had already watched to the individual recorded file for that single recording.
Proabably does something like rename the buffer to be a recording.