SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-27-2006, 02:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

There seems to be two Hauppauge WinTV USB/2 models?

Are they both supported? I have the black one, and it works (somewhat) well. CompUSA had this one that was silver, and was still labeled USB/2. I figured I would try it as a 3rd tuner. Install went well, Sage seemed to like it as a source, but I could not view or record in SageTV.

Is this a non-supported device? I think the problem is staring me in the face, the black one that works has MPEG-2 stamped on it, and the other one I tried does not have it. Also, the black one requires an AC outlet, and the silver one has no power source other than what it gets from the USB system.

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:36 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2112
Are they both supported? I have the black one, and it works (somewhat) well. CompUSA had this one that was silver, and was still labeled USB/2. I figured I would try it as a 3rd tuner. Install went well, Sage seemed to like it as a source, but I could not view or record in SageTV.

Is this a non-supported device? I think the problem is staring me in the face, the black one that works has MPEG-2 stamped on it, and the other one I tried does not have it. Also, the black one requires an AC outlet, and the silver one has no power source other than what it gets from the USB system.

Thanks.
If you are talking about the Wintv-USB2 http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ernal_TV_Tuner

.... it is not supported. The wintv-usb2 is not a hardware encoding device like your pvr-usb2 (black units).