SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-31-2006, 08:03 PM

3D Acceleration not working

Ok I have searched through the forums and have not found a similar experience. The problem is I used to have VMR 9 and 3d acceleration enabled and everything worked fine. Today I installed a program to convert me iTunes files to .avi (which didn't work) so I could watch them in Sage (the program played the video and recorded it off the screen or so i think). When I went back to Sage none of my video worked; not live TV, imported videos, or recorded TV. I keep on getting a playback error like this:

Details: sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-4,0x80040217)
There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback.

After fooling with the settings I went back to Overlay and the imported videos work but the TV and recorded TV still do not work. When I enable VMR 9 it says i must have 3d accleration working so I enable it also. When I go to check on the 3d setting it still shows disabled, then i click on it and it still shows as disabled. I do not understand it was working just last night. I have uninstalled the devious iTunes converting program, iTunes, and anything I have installed since I had sage working. I have also reinstalled Sage, my video card drivers, and directX just in case something went screwy with those. Still no video. My computer specs are as follows:

AMD 64 +3200
Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE
ATI Radeon 9800
WinXP SP 2

If anyone can help me and shed some light on my problem please let me know I will be eternally thankful. I miss my recorded shows
Josh
Old 08-31-2006, 08:05 PM

Ok I just tried the 3d thing again and it went to enabled then quickly went back to disabled
Old 08-31-2006, 08:31 PM
Administrator

It sounds like DirectX got broken somehow, so it fails whenever you try to enable 3D Acceleration... if that's the case, maybe someone else will know how to deal with that. But, in the meantime you could enable debug logging to see if it contains any useful info about what happens when you try to enable 3D Accel. Support might be able to help deciphering the results in the log.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Check your Video and DVD settings are set to VMR9, I had similiar issues once after a crash from opening an incompatiable file, couldn't get 3D Acc to stay enabled, somehow the settings had gone to Overlay. Dunno, everything just went haywire.