SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-28-2006, 02:55 AM
Sage Icon

Fixed up the comskip link.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:05 AM
Sage User

Autoskip still not disabling & re-enabling itself properly

Just installed the 10/28 stvi on Sage v6. Installed without a hitch.

I noticed the Autoskip feature still doesn't work correctly when it autoskips a commercial segment and you manually back up to replay the skipped segment. First, it doesn't seem to disable itself so you can play the skipped segment unless you do it 2 or 3 times. Then, it doesn't re-enable the autoskipping so that 10 minutes later, the next commercial segment is properly skipped. Any status on this bug?

I tell you what, ComSkip & ShowAnalyzer's ability to detect commercials, and plugins like this that can autoskip during playback are among the most wonderful things about SageTV. Thanks for all the hard work, everyone. Awesome!
Old 10-29-2006, 02:41 AM
Sage Expert

The ELD skip version has a bug in it for me that if the status bar at the bottom that shows where in the show you are and where the commercials are is displayed when it needs to skip, it will turn itself off. The author says that he can't tell that it's been turned off this way so he doesn't know to turn back on. With v5 of sage, I would need to turn it off and back on using the menu. With v6, this item's no longer on the quick menu and I have to go all the way to setup to do this (PITA). So, it works great as long as ShowAnalyzer gets it right. But if I have to hunt around because it missed one or got some show identified as commercial, I end up with it turned off <sigh>.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 10-30-2006, 01:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFuzz
I noticed the Autoskip feature still doesn't work correctly when it autoskips a commercial segment and you manually back up to replay the skipped segment. First, it doesn't seem to disable itself so you can play the skipped segment unless you do it 2 or 3 times. Then, it doesn't re-enable the autoskipping so that 10 minutes later, the next commercial segment is properly skipped. Any status on this bug?
The comskip function in this stvi is lifted directly from sundansx's Comskip Playback w/ support for EDL
and so still has the "stops working if too many buttons are pushed" bug. sundansx say's he's identified the problem but there is no fix for it currently. I've had a quick look at it. If you could try out 1.1.4 and see if that helps the problem. If it does fix it, I'll replace 1.1.3.

The features in 1.1.3 are:
Sage version 6 quick menu for autoskip on/off
Marker icons on the airing for comskip files existing.
Option item to delete comskip files (.edl, .txt, .vPrj) rsagetv99

John

Last edited by JREkiwi; 11-10-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

The newer version of comskip edl locks up the UI within minutes of importing without even playing any video, version 1.1 or 1.0 from 10/21/06 works fine. The only other import is Nielm's menu. This happened in Beta 12 and now in 13. Do you have any ideas on what it might be.

Thanks,

Mariusz

Last edited by farfromuman; 10-31-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman
The newer version of comskip edl lock up the UI within minutes of importing without even playing any video, version 1.1 or 1.0 from 10/21/06 works fine. The only other import is Nielm's menu. This happened in Beta 12 and now in 13. Do you have any ideas on what it might be.
Mariusz, I don't see any problem that is only caused by this import, but I do suffer from mike1961's reported problem here.

John
Old 10-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
The comskip function in this stvi is lifted directly from sundansx's Comskip Playback w/ support for EDL
and so still has the "stops working if too many buttons are pushed" bug. sundansx say's he's identified the problem but there is no fix for it currently. I've had a quick look at it. If you could try out 1.1.4 and see if that helps the problem. If it does fix it, I'll replace 1.1.3.

The features in 1.1.3 are:
Sage version 6 quick menu for autoskip on/off
Marker icons on the airing for comskip files existing.
Option item to delete comskip files (.edl, .txt, .vPrj) rsagetv99

John
Working GREAT here!!! Thank you!

DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 10-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks davidk21770, but the question is, did 1.1.4 fix the "stops working if too many buttons are pushed" bug? I've never seen it.

John
Old 11-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Thanks davidk21770, but the question is, did 1.1.4 fix the "stops working if too many buttons are pushed" bug? I've never seen it.

John
Yes. That problem was significant for me and since I installed 1.1.4, it hasn't occurred.

Synology NAS 22TB
Old 11-02-2006, 01:16 AM
Sage Icon

I'm Bummed ....

Upcoming Movies deos not work on v.4.x ... Screen tries to come up but hangs...

Also ...

Neither does Old 2 Pane Recordings ... This one I can't even find the Internal Screen Name when adding to the menu ...

Guess that means I have to waut until I can upgraqde my server to v.6.x when it arrives ...

Thaniks, T.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

1. Read MY files. 1.4 (23 Oct 2006) Provides basic .my file reading. For Sage version 5 and 6.
Does this read existing .my files, or does it also write .my files as recordings are made? Looking for something like germsage that writes the .my files.

Darin
Old 11-02-2006, 04:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj7675
Does this read existing .my files, or does it also write .my files as recordings are made? Looking for something like germsage that writes the .my files.
Darin, it only does reading. Writing is pretty easy to do, but if you are wanting Sage to read the Germsage format .my files it would take a bit more work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
Upcoming Movies deos not work on v.4.x
mightyt, I don't have a version 4 stv to test, but they do work on version 5 and 6.

John
Old 11-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

John,

I currently just need it to write the files. I use them when I watch my recorded content with my roku hd1000. There are 2 applications on the roku photobride that have added the ability to read these files when browsing sage recordings. They were kind enough to add this filetype into their app and it has worked very well for several people. I would hate to see it go away in 6. I would be extremeley grateful if you had the time to implement it.

Thanks

Darin
Old 11-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Sage Icon

Darin, here it is. Stolen from Germsage. Has the same setup panel to enable/disable.

John

Edit: See first post for latest version

Last edited by JREkiwi; 11-16-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. I will check it out.

Darin
Old 11-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Sage Icon

Decided to change my approach to .my file creation and reading. Thanks to flachbar I've ported the SageMC version of .my file creation.

RW My Files 1.0 (4 Nov 2006)
- Reads .my files. Supports many more fields than my old version. Can be enabled/disabled
- Create .my files for all recordings. Can be enabled/disabled but requires restart to activate.
- Cleanup of orphan .my files. Can be enabled/disabled but requires restart to activate.
- Create .my files for individual recording. Can be enabled/disabled
- Uses the same properties as SageMC so switching between the Default STV and SageMC will keep the same functions enabled/disabled.
- Works on version 5 & 6

John

Old 11-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sounds great. I will give it a go tonight. Not sure if this is the best place to pose the question or not, but was wondering if there was a similar tool that would do the same thing for cover art. The .my file import will create a file called recordingname.my with the description. What about an import that would create a coverart called recordingname.jpg? Sage can pull the coverart from IMDB and sage it, now we just need it to give it the correct name and save it to the same folder as the recording. Is this possible or is there an existing tool that does this?

Darin
Old 11-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Sage Icon

New version of RW My Files 1.1 (4 Nov 2006)

Adds ability to create .my file from any past or future airing. Saves into path specified in Options/Customize.
Fixes unset attributes

John

Old 11-04-2006, 05:54 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
New version of RW My Files 1.1 (4 Nov 2006)

Adds ability to create .my file from any past or future airing. Saves into path specified in Options/Customize.
Fixes unset attributes

John
How do I use this?

If I have an mpg that I add to my sage recordings subdir, will this make sage see it as one of it's recorded files? (Not as an imported media file).

If I change a .my file associated with a file, how to I get sage to reread it, or is this automatic? (Set "read .my files"?)

What's the difference between individual my files and not?

Thanks!

Synology NAS 22TB
Old 11-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770
How do I use this?

If I have an mpg that I add to my sage recordings subdir, will this make sage see it as one of it's recorded files? (Not as an imported media file).

If I change a .my file associated with a file, how to I get sage to reread it, or is this automatic? (Set "read .my files"?)

What's the difference between individual my files and not?
davidk21770, sorry should really have given an explaination of some of this stuff.

Adding an mpg to the sage recordings subdir, will not make sage see it as one of it's recorded files. But if you have details for it in your epg you can make a .my file for it using the individual make .my file from any past or future airing. You'll need to rename the new .my file to the same name as your file. (Saves me a bit of keying)

If read .my files is set, it will read any .my file when you go into the video detail page, nothing is stored anywhere other than in the .my file, so if you change the file the next time you go into video detail it will pick up your changes.

Create .my files for all recordings is a background process that makes .my files for all recordings.

Make individual .my files adds a button to the video advanced options panel and the video detail panel. (only if a .my file doesn't exist). Can be used for creating a .my file for any sage recording (put in same directory as mpg) or any past or future airing (created with a filename of tile.my or title-episode.my if you have include episode names in filenames turned on and put into the manual .my directory, defaults to your first recordings directory but can be changed)

John