SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Sage User

Trouble connecting to the internet

I am having trouble accessing the internet with a user account. I went into control panel and created a user name with a password. When I type that into the placeshifter, I get that I have entered an invalid user or password. Any suggestions?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane
I am having trouble accessing the internet with a user account. I went into control panel and created a user name with a password. When I type that into the placeshifter, I get that I have entered an invalid user or password. Any suggestions?
Hi Diane,

Are you trying to access the Internet, or use SageTV place shifting over it? If the latter, then you create the user within SageTV (Detailed Setup). However, if it is the former, the question is not really related to SageTV.

B
Old 09-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Sage User

I am trying to access the internet on my laptop which has the placeshifter. It accesses it and then the log in screen comes up, and I can not get it to accept the user name or the password.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane
I am trying to access the internet on my laptop which has the placeshifter. It accesses it and then the log in screen comes up, and I can not get it to accept the user name or the password.
Did you create the user in SageTV or in Control Panel?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Sage User

I created a user in sagetv called "Diane's laptop" and it has a password. Now, when I click on the change user on the SageTv Service Control, the user name is "Owner" with a password as well. Which one are they asking for on the placeshifter?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

When connecting to Placeshifter, you want to use the username and password you created on SageTV's "Manage Placeshifter Users" screen.

The Windows user account you created for running the SageTV service is completely separate and has nothing to do with logging in to Placeshifter.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Diane,

I feel like we're miscommunicating here. I'll start over.

From the Main Menu in SageTV:
  1. Click Setup Menu
  2. Detailed Setup
  3. Advanced
  4. Manage Placeshifter Users
  5. Configure
  6. Add New User
  7. Use the name Test and a password of test (we'll delete this later)
  8. Close

After this is done, go back to the laptop, launch the SageTV Placeshifter client. At the logon screen, type in Test in the user and test in the password. Do you connect?

B