SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Favorite highlighted in EPG but not in 'Upcoming Recordings' list

I've got a favorite scheduled which is highlighted in the EPG, but when I look at the 'Upcoming Recordings' list, it's not there. Other favorites are shown in the list.

Which is more reliable? More importantly, is it going to be recorded or not?
Old 09-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Administrator

The Program Guide is a list of all the airings on various channels for the timeframe you have guide data. The Recording Schedule is a list of the airings to be recorded.

See p. 30 of the v5.0 PDF manual for a description of the various colors & markers. See this FAQ for info about why a Fav airing may not be recorded.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, that explains it. The favorite in question doesn't air until Tuesday, and Sage only schedules recording 3 days in advance. I didn't realize this and I've never really paid attention to it before, but I scheduled several manual recordings for the upcoming week, so it appeared the favorite was being skipped. I'll be concerned if the favorite still doesn't show it the list sometime tomorrow, but I'm now confident it will.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Sage Icon

One other thing to look at is, if the favorite has multiple airings during the week, Sage may postpone the recording to a later showing if it would avoid a conflict during the first scheduled airing.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
One other thing to look at is, if the favorite has multiple airings during the week, Sage may postpone the recording to a later showing if it would avoid a conflict during the first scheduled airing.
But would the first airing still be highlighted in white in the guide?
Old 09-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubblwump
But would the first airing still be highlighted in white in the guide?
Yup... All airings of a favorite are highlighted in white in the guide, whether they will be recorded or not.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

So is there any way to change how far in advances favorites show up in the recording schedule? I'd really like to be able to see a week's worth of recordings at a glance so that if something appears to be missing I know there's a problem and can look into.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

In your Sage.properties, set scheduling_lookahead=604800000 for one week of lookahead (7 days * 24 hours * 3600 seconds * 1000 milliseconds). But be aware that for performance reasons, the Sage folks do not recommend setting the lookahead to more than a couple of days.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick
In your Sage.properties, set scheduling_lookahead=604800000 for one week of lookahead (7 days * 24 hours * 3600 seconds * 1000 milliseconds). But be aware that for performance reasons, the Sage folks do not recommend setting the lookahead to more than a couple of days.
Yeah thanks, I just found this thread. I only have two tuners and don't use IR, just a dozen or two favorites for the shows we watch every week so I don't think performance should be an issue.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy I'm having a very similar problem

I have a show that's set as a fav and it's not recording it.. I've gone thru this FAQ:

* Is the airing outlined in white? If not, then it doesn't fit any of your Favorite's settings and will not be recorded as a Favorite.
-yes, it's in white

* If it is already recorded & sitting in the list of SageTV Recordings, it won't be recorded again.
-there are no recorded episodes

* If the episode is marked as 'Watched' or 'Don't Like', SageTV won't record it again. (Watched shows are displayed in italics; Don't Like shows are outlined in black.)
-it's not watched or don't like

* Is it a ReRun & your favorite is set for First Runs only, or vice-versa?
-set to record all episodes

* Is the Favorite set for a specific channel, but the show is aired on a different channel?
-set for any channel

* Was a specific timeslot set for the Favorite, but the airing is outside that timeslot?
-set for any time

* Is a value set for the Favorite's Keep At Most option and that limit has been reached? (New recordings will cease if this is the case and AutoDelete is set to No.)
-autodelete is set to yes and there are no saved airings

* It may be scheduled to record during another airing. (See above.)
-there are no other airings

* There is a conflict and that favorite was deemed to be a lower priority than another favorite or manual recording, so it was skipped. (Check for recording conflicts.)
-there are no conflicts

In the EPG it shows in white with the red circle with an 'A'.. but doesn't show up at all in the recording schedule. What gives?

BTW this is sageTV 5
Old 02-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueH2O
In the EPG it shows in white with the red circle with an 'A'.. but doesn't show up at all in the recording schedule.
If it has that red circle on it, that is supposed to mean that it is in the schedule. Go to the Recording Schedule menu & use the Options command. Check the Display Filter setting.

If it didn't have a red circle, I would think it was further out than the 3 day schedule.

If it is listed on that screen, but still doesn't record, then enable debug logging to see what happens when it is time to record the show.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

I removed this favourite and re-created it, and then it did appear everywhere it should and it DID record.